Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Telephoto Lens for Spark

PIxelPete411

Join
Aug 16, 2018
We have ND FILTERS, but I would love it if someone would make a telephoto add on lens?

Pro’s? Con’s? Thoughts?

Reactions: sparkflyJEF
The aerodynamic drag of an optical telephoto lens would absolutely give gimbal errors. Just the weight and drag of some off brand ND filters are problematic.

Unfortunately the 720 resolution of the Spark makes digital zoom (cropping and enlarging) in post production a blurred mess.

The best zoom for the Spark is to get closer to your subject (which is not always practical).

I guess it's a new subject but...just curious ...what would one do with a zoom on a drone?

I guess it's a new subject but...just curious ...what would one do with a zoom on a drone?

Film wildlife, building, or other structural inspections from a safe distance for starters.

Wildlife?? that would have to be a hubble type telephoto judging by the amount of noise my drones make. I'm still trying to get within a half mile of the local Jackrabbit population. The mavic 2 has a 2x optical zoom but..is that really enough. You can easily do a 2x digital zoom to still photos for inspections. wouldn't that work? I'm thinking there is just not enough bang for the buck so to speak.

Wildlife?? that would have to be a hubble type telephoto judging by the amount of noise my drones make. I'm still trying to get within a half mile of the local Jackrabbit population. The mavic 2 has a 2x optical zoom but..is that really enough. You can easily do a 2x digital zoom to still photos for inspections. wouldn't that work? I'm thinking there is just not enough bang for the buck so to speak.
Watch some of the YT vids, its pretty impressive especially coupled with the digital zoom, you effectively get 96mm instead of 24. However, the noise remains. Some animals are oblivious to drone noise strangely... Personally I prefer not to bother the creatures, so the zoom feature is a move in the right direction, however, I think we will see even greater zooms as more manufacturers catch on. The MP2Z use of optical means video quality is lossless. And on other hand, I can hear the privacy mavens moaning already.... so mixed bag of thoughts on this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast