Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

tell me about your first crash, Landing gear affected or not

Anh Do

Join
Mar 27, 2018
I just crash my drone, the dji spark its seem to be fine for but I very sad too, by the way using a landing gear is good or bad because sometimes I had to land on the rocky surface so I might needed any ideas guys, tks.

I just crash my drone, the dji spark its seem to be fine for but I very sad too, by the way using a landing gear is good or bad because sometimes I had to land on the rocky surface so I might needed any ideas guys, tks.

If the surface is questionable, land on your hand.

I mean how can you land on your hand, I very scared because I don't want my hand to touch the wings.

be careful. i tried hovering at hand height then grabbing the spark to turn it over and stop the motors.
Sparky fought me a bit , i lost grip and a blade thumped my finger taking a bit of nail and skin off. Stung for a few hours and enough to put me off trying it again.
Needless to say, I wasnt in palm control and was trying something outside of the rules. Stupid me.

Don't flip it when you catch it.

Bring the Spark to you and just hold the left joystick down during the landing process into your hand (finger/thumb grab the Spark from below) until the motors shut down.

No flipping necessary nor recommended.

Last edited:
Thanks.

...but my finger twinges when I begin to consider trying this again:)

Set one of the customisable buttons to take off/ land, hover it over your flat palm and just let it come down to you. First and only crash went something like this:
"Hey see if you can land on the roof of my car from all the way over here"
"No way"
"Go on, I'm not bothered"
"Ok then"
*Landed on the roof. It was wet, spark slid off, down the windscreen, over the bonnet and hit the deck*

My first crash... I saw all these cool videos of flying close above wooded creeks. Thought I'd give it a try. After my creek fly-over, I flew the Spark back through a narrow wooded path. I was about 15 feet high at this time. I came too close to a small branch. The collision detection came into play and I tried to back it away. I think the sensors overrode my manual commands? Anyway, it became tangled in those small branches. It started pitching and flipping about then crashed to the frozen ground. It snapped off an arm. I didn't have DJI insurance. I sent it off and had the body shell replaced. Wish I had taken time to read and consider that insurance...

I haven't tried to do this kind of flight again but I think I should have turned off the sensors....
As for insurance, I wonder if I can still purchase it, one crash and three months later...

Fortunately the Spark has been ok for me since, no damage to anything else.

just crash my spark yesterday, it was nothing bad but the wind speed is very high, but it make a very soft landing on grass (emergency landing), a-little bit scratch on the sensor but not to much, thanks god it landed near the river :(

My first crash... I saw all these cool videos of flying close above wooded creeks. Thought I'd give it a try. After my creek fly-over, I flew the Spark back through a narrow wooded path. I was about 15 feet high at this time. I came too close to a small branch. The collision detection came into play and I tried to back it away. I think the sensors overrode my manual commands? Anyway, it became tangled in those small branches. It started pitching and flipping about then crashed to the frozen ground. It snapped off an arm. I didn't have DJI insurance. I sent it off and had the body shell replaced. Wish I had taken time to read and consider that insurance...

I haven't tried to do this kind of flight again but I think I should have turned off the sensors....
As for insurance, I wonder if I can still purchase it, one crash and three months later...

Fortunately the Spark has been ok for me since, no damage to anything else.
First crash was my 3rd and final battery of the day. I attempted to fly between a few trees.

Just wasn't close enough to see what I was nearest. When flying around objects you need to be near to have more than just the Spark's POV. No damage or witnesses.

This was after 100+ flights without incident. I was even recording video!

Second crash was fatal. It's still out there on a 180 foot cliff on the Oregon coast. Expensive lessons learned. 3rd crash was experimenting with object tracking with rotation. No damage other than propeller nicks.

Fly smart and safe and you'll have fun!

Cheers!
Screenshot_20180722-161421.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast