Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

That Bridge in Clifton Bristol UK

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
I launched from a clearing just below the Bridge overlook as it was blowing a hooley. Gusting 27mph UAV said but it felt more. More sheltered launch site but bumpy as I cleared the trees. The sun was out and the tree colours are pretty special. The shot of the Bridge is downstream from the shot a pilot from here posted earlier in the week. There is a shot of Clifton College a beautiful school and one of the Avon Gorge and the two Severn Bridges are in the distance. Chanced upon an old pilot too!! So good to be flying.

Attachments

• 8296DDE2-26FA-4510-964F-5E904039E18F.jpeg
    8296DDE2-26FA-4510-964F-5E904039E18F.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 45
  • A3909025-942F-457A-90F1-280EAA9EFD5B.jpeg
    A3909025-942F-457A-90F1-280EAA9EFD5B.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 44
  • F6B8D8BF-A878-4077-9BCC-2DBB3B5071FB.jpeg
    F6B8D8BF-A878-4077-9BCC-2DBB3B5071FB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 43
  • 7F88961C-620B-4338-BC7E-9D1EDC99DBB5.jpeg
    7F88961C-620B-4338-BC7E-9D1EDC99DBB5.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 41
Really nice stuff, twickers! The third shot has what appears to be writing in white letters on the rocks, but I can't make it out. Does it say something? Btw, thanks for sharing.

Reactions: twickers14
That Shot of the Bridge is stunning, are you using filters etc, etc what time of day was it, just trying to guesstimate the suns location at the point of photo op.

That Shot of the Bridge is stunning, are you using filters etc, etc what time of day was it, just trying to guesstimate the suns location at the point of photo op.
No filters, about 15.30 and the sun is getting lower and just off to the right of the shot. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to get any exposure off (I am going to have a go at playing with exposure settings on the Spark but time and the wind were not on my side) so it was pure luck! Thanks for your kind words.

Really nice stuff, twickers! The third shot has what appears to be writing in white letters on the rocks, but I can't make it out. Does it say something? Btw, thanks for sharing.
For some reason I can’t make the writing out either, even in Photos. I wonder if, as have used AirMagic to buff up the colors a little, the software adversely affects the zoom facility. Will have to check. I know one of the messages is in memory of a young lad here in Bristol who was killed in a cycling incident-the Police are investigating and I think the perps have been jailed. Locals use the slabs of sandstone to daub all sorts of messages on them. It is pretty inaccessible.

So you do have a blue sky.;)

Beautiful shots.

what time of day was it, just trying to guesstimate the suns location at the point of photo op.

Check out this app if on Android.

You can select anytime of the year and plan for shots in the future.

It has a scroll bar that puts the sun in a position with a stick in the middle to show the shadow of the sun.

Shows the moon too.

Check out this app if on Android.

You can select anytime of the year and plan for shots in the future.

It has a scroll bar that puts the sun in a position with a stick in the middle to show the shadow of the sun.

Shows the moon too.
Cool app thanks, will come in handy, Thanks Spark 317

Reactions: Spark 317
No filters, about 15.30 and the sun is getting lower and just off to the right of the shot. I was worried I wouldn’t be able to get any exposure off (I am going to have a go at playing with exposure settings on the Spark but time and the wind were not on my side) so it was pure luck! Thanks for your kind words.
Don't sell yourself short twickers14, I've never seen any rookie pilots take shots like that so you had more than luck working for you. Your subject and composition were excellent and you got great exposure. Top notch!

Last edited:
Don't sell yourself short twickers14, I've never seen any rookie pilots take shots like that so you had more than luck working for you. Your subject and composition was excellent and you got great exposure. Top notch!
You’re so kind thanks. If you are an AirMagic user see my post this afternoon. They’ve just offered me a refund as it won’t work through the process to being able to use it in other apps like Instagram, Photoshop!! All as a result of Catalina Mac update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe