Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The Brae

RotorWash

Premium Pilot
Join
Jul 18, 2019
Loc
P.E.I., Canada
An area located along the southwestern shore of Prince Edward Island, Canada known as the Brae. My wife was born and raised nearby. Her dad is buried at the cemetery on the left. Maybe not the Mayberry life one might conceive of growing up around but still a pretty nice place to live as a kid. The love of nature gets instilled in you early on and never leaves you no matter how much concrete and steel you may live around later in life.

the_brae.jpg

Lovely. I still have a few provinces to visit, PEI is in the bucket list for sure. Lovely and so flat. I need to get out to the Rock too. And Labrador. Part of me would like to risk that highway up there, sat phone in hand... And the territories too... but, getting old, so... who knows. We need guys like you to share with us virtually! Well done.

Lovely. I still have a few provinces to visit, PEI is in the bucket list for sure. Lovely and so flat. I need to get out to the Rock too. And Labrador. Part of me would like to risk that highway up there, sat phone in hand... And the territories too... but, getting old, so... who knows. We need guys like you to share with us virtually! Well done.
Thank you so much Robin! Sure hope you can make it down this way sometime. Maybe you could make an Atlantic tour out of it and take in Nova Scotia and New Brunswick as well. We live in a beautiful country Robin from coast to coast to coast! ??

Reactions: Spark 317
We live in a beautiful country Robin from coast to coast to coast! ??
Couldn’t agree more. We had planned to go to Newfoundland this summer but Covid got in the way. Aside from the territories it’s the only province we haven’t camped in as a family.

I used to live and work in remote communities along the James Bay coast (some, fly in only). These are areas that many would never have a desire to visit but the landscape was unique and beautiful. I wish I would have had my drones then, but the technology wasn’t invented yet.

Chris

Reactions: RotorWash
Couldn’t agree more. We had planned to go to Newfoundland this summer but Covid got in the way. Aside from the territories it’s the only province we haven’t camped in as a family.

I used to live and work in remote communities along the James Bay coast (some, fly in only). These are areas that many would never have a desire to visit but the landscape was unique and beautiful. I wish I would have had my drones then, but the technology wasn’t invented yet.

Chris
I would love to spend some time up there getting footage. Areas that people rarely or if ever get to see intrigue me the most.

I would love to spend some time up there getting footage. Areas that people rarely or if ever get to see intrigue me the most.
Me too. I have always wanted to go to Baffin Island. It’s on my bucket list. Almost went up there to work many years ago.

Chris

A beautiful serene shot as always. Very well exposed and composed...lots of ’eds sorry. Sure is a photogenic region you live in and to have flown over your F-I-Law’s grave must have been very special. Keep ‘em coming.

Beautiful location, and a great shot...
Sure wish I could travel there some time.
It's a long long way from here, but I keep hoping [emoji39]
Thanks so much for sharing!

Had a look at the Brae on Google maps and no water around that shows. There’s MacAllister Road that seems to cross a river but maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Need a What 3 Words location!!

Nice photo! What's the light colored crop in the upper right?
Thank you Kendalfordguy! Good eye! The short answer is I'm not sure. The longer more interesting answer is those two fields adjacent to each other were bought by an American couple who moved here two maybe three years ago and started a greenhouse related business. They bought the two homes you see on the left above the church. They have a large greenhouse behind the home they live in and they have the second home for family that visit them. Their greenhouse is all flowers so I'm thinking those fields have some sort of variety they're growing. I'll have to go check it out now! :)

Reactions: Spark^
A beautiful serene shot as always. Very well exposed and composed...lots of ’eds sorry. Sure is a photogenic region you live in and to have flown over your F-I-Law’s grave must have been very special. Keep ‘em coming.
Had a look at the Brae on Google maps and no water around that shows. There’s MacAllister Road that seems to cross a river but maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Need a What 3 Words location!!
Thanks very much twickers14! Try copy and pasting these coords into Google Maps and it should bring you right to the spot.

46°38'16.3"N 64°11'14.3"W

Beautiful location, and a great shot...
Sure wish I could travel there some time.
It's a long long way from here, but I keep hoping [emoji39]
Thanks so much for sharing!
Thank you so much Ranjit! I often think the same thing about your beautiful country as well. We need a pilot exchange program initiated! If I ever fall into a pile of cash (hey it could happen :)) I would definitely fund it for all my fellow Spark pilots! ?

Reactions: Rwarrior
Nice photo! What's the light colored crop in the upper right?

My bet is on wheat... based on the color and height. However, as the wife likes to point out occasionally, I might be wrong! lol

Where I am they dont usually bother with wheat, but we had one field seeded with it last year to change up the soil and agument the hay crop thats come out of it for a long time.

Reactions: Kendallfordguy
My bet is on wheat... based on the color and height. However, as the wife likes to point out occasionally, I might be wrong! lol

Where I am they dont usually bother with wheat, but we had one field seeded with it last year to change up the soil and agument the hay crop thats come out of it for a long time.
Check out the eagle eye on Robin! I went out and checked and you're 100% correct, wheat it was! :) The new residents that bought the fields may have had them planted for similar reasons or they just rented them out for the season.

Thank you so much Ranjit! I often think the same thing about your beautiful country as well. We need a pilot exchange program initiated! If I ever fall into a pile of cash (hey it could happen :)) I would definitely fund it for all my fellow Spark pilots! ?
Woo hoo.....that would be sweet!!

Check out the eagle eye on Robin! I went out and checked and you're 100% correct, wheat it was! :) The new residents that bought the fields may have had them planted for similar reasons or they just rented them out for the season.
I've been a farmboy at heart (not fanboy) for most of my life, though started off in cities... teen summers all on farms, and now we have our own little hobby farm.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme