Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

The Final Countdown

But that's just the NF Alpine White, right?

I'm in the group that ordered the FM Alpine White. :(

Ugh.. I'll initiate another chat later but yesterday chat with dji, the guy told me that it will ship July 7. FM (blue).

Ugh.. I'll initiate another chat later but yesterday chat with dji, the guy told me that it will ship July 7. FM (blue).

Okay ! But as I said, is that an reliable information ? After doing some research, DJI support is not the most trusted source of information regarding shipment date :(... Mavic owners know what I'm talking about ...

Let's see what happens :rolleyes:

Okay ! But as I said, is that an reliable information ? After doing some research, DJI support is not the most trusted source of information regarding shipment date :(... Mavic owners know what I'm talking about ...

Let's see what happens :rolleyes:

They hit my Goggles delivery date bang on, so here is hoping ☺️

I really contemplated buying the FL package knowing it would be likely to ship first, but really wouldnt have mattered because I leave for my vacation on the 12th. My Mav will have to suffice;)......but would have been nice to have the spark.

When I ordered my white fly more it still said shipping June 15th but when I contacted support yesterday they said June 30th.

Reactions: Goose
It seems like we're starting again with the countdown which will never realize until 2 months later .
My Alpine white combo was June 15 promised on the 25th when I ordered.

They probably hope/anticipate that the first weeks of customer support and feed back will iron out the biggest issues, before shipping the RC's and fly more combo's that will transform the spark into the actual aircraft it is supposed to be. Otherwise there's no reason for the delay.

BTW, I read somewhere DJI didn't design the Spark themselves, they took over the company (and their intellectual property) that designed and also manufactures them.

But with all the fake news around I wouldn't be surprised that this is fake as well. I'm only relaying what I read.

It would have been logistically efficient if they would put all the different coloured topcovers (if they were user changeable) in the box and have the user decide. The material cost would go up a few $ but the whole logistics chain would gain a lot of efficiency, and that's where the real costs are.

Reactions: Zinful
It would have been logistically efficient if they would put all the different coloured topcovers (if they were user changeable) in the box and have the user decide. The material cost would go up a few $ but the whole logistics chain would gain a lot of efficiency, and that's where the real costs are.
Agree

I'm pretty sure that the worlds biggest DJI partners will receive their first batches of Sparks as well as spare parts well before the first consumer order are shipped. That's why I ordered mine at the dealer who also acts as the european support center for DJI. I hope my feeling urns out to be right. It was like that with the Mavic and Inspire Pro, Osmo. The day DJI started shipping he could physically hand it over the counter.

Dell (I worked there) did this with some consumer and small business notebooks. It was a massive success forcing all relevant competitors to eventually do the same, but that took redesign and a lot of costs, while Dell designed it with that in mind from the ground up, slicing even more costs from their already ridiculously cost efficient process.

I just confirmed yesterday that my FM Lava Red is still on track (fingers crossed) to ship on the 15th of June. I hope that DJI follows through on this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme