Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Third party software?

I use litchi and like it more and more since it supports waypoints, you might also try the modded go4 app which supports some of the mavic flight modes. it's free and a link is somewhere on this site.

Staying away from the modded Go 4 app for 2 reasons:

1) Not an official release and

2) I do not have an Android device.

I don't understand you guys who have to use 3rd party software. You purchase a dji drone for hundreds of dollars, then use other software. I spoke to dji and I was told if I use 3rd party software and crash then they will not be responsible for repair And all they need to do is look at the aircraft log.
This may not may not be true ...Screenshot_20180816-225645.jpg

This may not may not be true ...View attachment 6402
Also ...
I may just be lucky, but I had a crash while flying a Waypoint mission (just prior to get coming out of beta, which seemed to be due to a flaw in Litchi Mission Hub that they say they have corrected as a result) .... And as of this writing, although not yet shipped my Spark (which I was able to recover using the "find my drone" feature in Litchi) has been replaced under DJI Care refresh as my first replacement with the $49 fee...

It could be that it was attributed to operator error or battery error (as I found battery away from Spark on recovering, and was the older type with smaller locking devices)... But as of this writing I have crashed with Litchi and DJI is honoring my Care Refresh. (Says shipping in 1 or 2 business days)

While I do think they could have denied my claim, this time it appears they did not.....

I also want to give mad respect and solid 5 stars to Litchi Support for incredibly quick responses to my emails. For respecting to the concerns I raised, and for take ownership and being open to there existing a defect, admitting mistake and taking responsibility to correct the fault that very day and make amends with me in an apology. 100% I will continue to recommend Litchi as the go to flight software for DJI drones. Above and beyond the ability that DJI thinks we should have. (I am using on Android).

But maybe for the first few days after Spark returns I'll play on DJI Go App to confirm my replacement drone works, then a couple days later, I will return to Waypoints (for me it is more fun with Waypoints, compared to pushing the sticks myself) Screenshot_20180815-204834__01.jpg

Positively does not apply to the mega compass/IMU/YAW error lots of people are seeing.
I have heard several cases where the Spark is NOT recovered, a log file from the mobile device is examined and the customer gets a NEW Spark under warranty...not DJI Care Refresh.

Thanks everyone, I have been curious about litchi & its use. Being a novice flyer I prefer to control my spark myself, (with all the help that a spark offers). Even in quick shot mode I am ready to hit pause, in case of mishap. Has anyone else seen the Utube of a lost Disco flying between islands of Hawaii?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio