Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

This "Forced" Update Isn't Such A Bad Thing-Quickshots Work Great

continuecrushing

Join
Jun 15, 2017
So if you follow any of my stuff or others on youtube, there hasn't been any "great" firmware updates for the Spark. So far, we've had a few things added, including gesture mode, but everything has been pretty buggy/not working all that smooth. Until now.

This latest update .600 from DJI is actually great!

I haven't tried out anything other than quickshots, but the distance controls for this ACTUALLY WORK. That's right, when you tell dronie to go back 20m, it goes back 20m. None of this "Imma keep flying forever" bs that we've been plagued with. Granted, quickshots is the only thing I've been able to test, but it's a pretty big deal since the shots before were basically useless!

I'll do more testing of course (as will you!) but I'll try out gesture control and further test flight stability tomorrow.

Currently running 4.1.7 DJI Go4 on ipad mini 4 and .600 on Spark

Reactions: asaulo1
Excellent review - looking forward to trying these myself sometime soon.

So if you follow any of my stuff or others on youtube, there hasn't been any "great" firmware updates for the Spark. So far, we've had a few things added, including gesture mode, but everything has been pretty buggy/not working all that smooth. Until now.

I haven't tried out anything other than quickshots, but the distance controls for this ACTUALLY WORK. That's right, when you tell dronie to go back 20m, it goes back 20m. None of this "Imma keep flying forever" bs that we've been plagued with. Granted, quickshots is the only thing I've been able to test, but it's a pretty big deal since the shots before were basically useless!

I'll do more testing of course (as will you!) but I'll try out gesture control and further test flight stability tomorrow.

Having just completed some test on the Quick Shots my self I'd say the weakest is the Circle mode. Circle bounces around quite a bit, however, the distance was pretty close (12meters)

The Quickshots worked for most people before 0.600 as well. DJI found out that in some regions they were not working correctly. Don't ask me why, but it's great that it works for everyone now.

Reactions: continuecrushing
Having just completed some test on the Quick Shots my self I'd say the weakest is the Circle mode. Circle bounces around quite a bit, however, the distance was pretty close (12meters)

Yeah, it still needs some shots smoothed out, but hey, we're going in the right direction.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit