Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

This has got to be stolen, right ?

Probably just the shell from a store display.

Or the deal of a lifetime?

0 seller feedback, make what you want of it. Or reread the ebay/paypal buyer protection terms carefully and try your luck if fully covered :p

It's fully covered with paypal but I'm wondering what happens if the item doesn't turn up and ebay are unable to recover the funds from the sellers account ???

Can you expand on "shell" ?
Seller based in Australia but selling in the UK ???

Like the fake cell phones, radar detectors, etc. electronic stores have on display so you won't steal a non working model.

It's just the outside part that you see without anything inside (electronics).

Scam?

I bit on a similar deal with the Autel X-Star premium on Amazon in the spring knowing I was taking a risk. I needed some spare parts and this was the whole kit. I thought "what a bargain!". I waited a month without a shipping notice and had to get Amazon to refund my order. Turned out to be a huge scam and the seller had several accounts shut down in the past due to the same thing. This ultimately resulted in me getting my Mavic so all is well. Good luck if you decide to take a shot at it.

The listing has ended, so I guess we'll never know.

The listing has ended, so I guess we'll never know.

There's still 2 others for sale around the same price and they seem to pop up regularly.
On the one hand, it does sound like a scam of some kind.
On the other, if you're protected by paypal, what is there to lose by taking a punt ??

Last edited:
if you're protected by paypal, what is there to lose by taking a punt ??
Your time? As they say, if it sounds too good to be true...

I’m just trying to work out how these sort of scams work.
If the goods don’t turn up, you get your money back from Paypal, as far as I believe.
So does that mean that if the seller goes AWOL, Paypal are out of pocket ??

Make sure the seller is PayPal verified or they will offer no protection. Also that listing has been taken down it looks like.

Shouldn't this be in the Mavic Pilots forum or at least in the Off Topic section of this one if it must go here?
Can't see what it has to do with 'Spark Discussions'

Reactions: Texas Gonzo

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none