Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

This is my favorite OTG cable setup for iOS so far. Yours?

jimbug

Join
May 27, 2017
IMG_0882.jpg After trying a variety of OTG cable setups from Amazon this is my favorite. It's compact and works. iPad Mini cable is 8" long. Above are the two products I purchased off Amazon to make the setup, and the landing pad in the photo below.

IMG_0881.JPG

View attachment 300 After trying a variety of OTG cable setups from Amazon this is my favorite. It's compact and works. iPad Mini cable is 8" long. Above are the two products I purchased off Amazon to make the setup, and the landing pad in the photo below.

View attachment 301
Does the Mavic remote stick protector fit the Spark? I noticed the Spark remote is slightly smaller, and the sticks are fractionally closer together (less than 1/8 inch I think).

Last edited:
Nice. I had quite a few OTG cables lying around so using that. I looked at micro->USB connectors only but I didn't like the way it can potentially hinge/lever at the micro USB port. I'd rather have a lower profile micro USB connector and a very short lead to the USB end.

Reactions: Big Mountain Joe
Does the Mavic remote stick protector fit the Spark? I noticed the Spark remote is slightly smaller, and the sticks are fractionally closer together (less than 1/8 inch I think).

Yes, mine does fit the Spark.

Hi, I'm planning to buy the spark fly more combo. It will be my first drone but I'm clompletely confused regarding the OTG Cable and connection to the iPhone.
First I don't understand why it is not included in the package. Second why we have to search for it on other places.

Can I just order the Mavic - RC Cable (Lightning connector) on the dji store site? Will this also function with the spark remote?

Thx
Festijn

Can I just order the Mavic - RC Cable (Lightning connector) on the dji store site? Will this also function?
It'll work, but the cable is too short.

Nice. I had quite a few OTG cables lying around so using that. I looked at micro->USB connectors only but I didn't like the way it can potentially hinge/lever at the micro USB port. I'd rather have a lower profile micro USB connector and a very short lead to the USB end.
Definitely agree with this ^^^. Micro USB ports are too easy to fudge up. I wouldn't use a connector like this one. Too likely to jack up the port and then not even be able to charge the RC.

Probably a good point about messing up microUSB port. My 90 degree might be better fit for that reason. It's just slightly longer. Thanks for your opinions. It's helpful advice.

This setup may put less stress on microUSB connection & free propeller holder:

IMG_0895.JPG

Hi @jimbug with this connection method does the RC charge the ipad or the ipad charge the RC or neither?
I note that you can get lightning data cables and/or data/charge cables and wondered on the difference and advantages?

Hi Guys, thanks for the information. I have ordered my cables and Since I own a HAAS VF2 I can machine my own holder for the iPhone 7+ . Great information about the connections. I have had my Spark now for a week and enjoy the ease in which it flies. Still working with all the different flight modes. It is very intuitive as far as the flights go. Great platform.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex