Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Top speed

ANT0407

Join
Mar 20, 2018
What is your top speed recorded in the go4 app? Mine is 45.2 mph. Must have had the wind behind the spark. Just curious what speed others have reached.Screenshot_20180525-062856.jpg

It maybe obvious but where do get that screen on the app.
And btw that is cruising, I've only flown once is sport and it freaked me out.

Last edited:
Reactions: mano
You go to the ME tab, then go to flight record. This will show you a record of all your flights including length, distance and height.

Reactions: mano
Now i know i`m missing something in settings to get speed like that , what is it ? my top speed is only 12.9 m/s or 28.8 mph or 46.4 kph . I know i loose a little speed with prop guards with legs but not that much.

My 45.2 was with prop guards on. I dont think it had to do with anything in the settings. I think I had the wind behind the spark

I realized that as I have never tried sport mode, and have never manually turned off collision avoidance, the speeds I've reached are because of RTH flight segments, with the wind.

Do a practice flight with the OA off.

Go ahead and launch / land with it ON, but switch it OFF once in the air and safe from obstacles.

You'll get to experience medium speed as the Spark does fly faster with OA OFF, but not Sport Mode fast.

A warning prompt window will pop up that you can leave up as a warning flag on the screen or close it.
The OA icon will turn RED in the status bar to let you know it's OFF.

Good Luck.:)

Do a practice flight with the OA off.

Go ahead and launch / land with it ON, but switch it OFF once in the air and safe from obstacles.

You'll get to experience medium speed as the Spark does fly faster with OA OFF, but not Sport Mode fast.

A warning prompt window will pop up that you can leave up as a warning flag on the screen or close it.
The OA icon will turn RED in the status bar to let you know it's OFF.

Good Luck.:)

Ya, I was considering this as my next strategy. Will hopefully have time and weather for flight 14 this weekend and more .... I have lots of space (you may have seen my videos) so I am looking forward to trying this and then Sport. Supposed to be really hot up our way again. Thanks for the suggestions.

Hopefully not stating the obvious, but when you have a high speed going away your speed coming back will be that much slower and you'll take more battery time.

So I did the OA off this weekend, was very pleased with the results. I have huge open spaces to fly in, so I was able to really enjoy the gain in speed along with the continuing stability of the gimbal. Will be switching that on and off as needed when choosing my flight plan.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme