Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Traveling to Cancun- need packing advice

UkinMac74

Join
Jul 4, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm going to Cancun in a few days and I was wondering about how to pack my drone and accessories. I have a spark, the power pack charging station, controller and two extra batteries. I also have the carrying case to fit all of that inside. My question is about where to take it. Should I check it in so it goes under the plane? I'm worried about it being stolen. Can I take it with me on the plane as a carry one. I have a small backpack that is also carrying my DSLR camera accessories and my electronics. I already lost a camera once checking it into the baggage. So I'm not doing that again. But I'm worried, I won't be able to take it on board the plane.

Has anyone recently traveled to that part of Mexico? I'm pretty sure I'm not the first and I'm sure others have taken bigger drones.

TIA

Francisco

I have read stories that people have been banned by airlines because they have LiPo batteries. Later the airlines apologized. Yes they need to be in fireproof bags. Just put them in your carry on with your other personal stuff. They are legal to carry with you up to a certain amount. I won’t try to quote the size. Spark batteries don’t even come close. As for the spark and accessories that is up to you. Carry on or check inside a suitcase.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers