Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Travelling tomorrow

TangoMango

Join
Jul 31, 2018
Going to Japan Sept 17-26.
Yellow Spark is going with in carry-on bag.
(Followed what travel advice I could find on various YouTube)
Not sure what I'll see, not sure what I'll find. Certainly don't want to crash in the land of the rising son. There's pre-built drone parks in some Japanese towns, but those ones are not near where my family lives. My family doesn't like drones. They think it's a foolish timewaste fit for only little boys. My Jap-dad and Jap-mom will take me mushroom picking and fishing. That sounds like a time to drone some Panos. Won't be using Litchi as Japan's maps are unavailable offline, so only DJI Go 4 will be my tool (I hope they are willing to hotspot me some WiFi).

I cannot fart, butt, cough, sneeze, or be myself during this travel. It's going to be an insane time for me. It should go by very fast, then I will come back to insane Toronto where I normally flying.

If there's anything you'd like to see, I am open to suggestions.IMG_20180912_173025.jpg

Going to Japan Sept 17-26.
Yellow Spark is going with in carry-on bag.
(Followed what travel advice I could find on various YouTube)
Not sure what I'll see, not sure what I'll find. Certainly don't want to crash in the land of the rising son. There's pre-built drone parks in some Japanese towns, but those ones are not near where my family lives. My family doesn't like drones. They think it's a foolish timewaste fit for only little boys. My Jap-dad and Jap-mom will take me mushroom picking and fishing. That sounds like a time to drone some Panos. Won't be using Litchi as Japan's maps are unavailable offline, so only DJI Go 4 will be my tool (I hope they are willing to hotspot me some WiFi).

I cannot fart, butt, cough, sneeze, or be myself during this travel. It's going to be an insane time for me. It should go by very fast, then I will come back to insane Toronto where I normally flying.

If there's anything you'd like to see, I am open to suggestions.View attachment 6858
Have a Safe trip. Maybe once your in-laws see your drone flying and the movies or pics it can take they will become drone fans.

How's the trip?
Today is Thursday Sept 20th and I'm writing this message at 739am. I've made it to the hometown of my wife's parents. They're coming to pick us up at 9am.

According to UAV forecast today will be a beautiful perfect day for my first flight. (Took a quick 360 photo with Google camera)
Here is North Japan. It's what we may say is country side, but I took a ten minute walk this morning and think it's not what I would call county side, more like small town.

(I arrived in Tokyo 1 or 2 days ago. Body/mind now adjusted. Tokyo is a no fly zone due to population density.)

I find it interesting that here UAV forecast is showing more available SATs than my home county of Canada (Toronto). Therefore I'm anticipating a safer flight. I will be sure to do a compass calibration and check the status prior to take off. (The procedure to bring in the airplane was completely without incident, no one checked anything - straight through - perhaps I was trusted by fact of Japanese wife speaking to immigration on my behalf - recieved 90 days Visa as per government agreements between Japan/Canada)

Side note: Visited DJI store in Shinjuku and Mavic Pro 2 is wildly expensive here. 194,000 yen is $2339 Canadian. If I were to purchase through DJI website in USD = $1499 which translates to $1937 Canadian. That's a $400 mark-up here in Japan. Wow. Can you say Trade-War?

Thank you for your inquiry. I'll be sure to update when able.

Thanks Spark Community.
Screenshot_20180919-172527.jpgPANO_20180919_181959.jpgIMG_20180918_230643__01.jpgIMG_20180918_230753.jpg

Today is Thursday Sept 20th and I'm writing this message at 739am. I've made it to the hometown of my wife's parents. They're coming to pick us up at 9am.

According to UAV forecast today will be a beautiful perfect day for my first flight. (Took a quick 360 photo with Google camera)
Here is North Japan. It's what we may say is country side, but I took a ten minute walk this morning and think it's not what I would call county side, more like small town.

(I arrived in Tokyo 1 or 2 days ago. Body/mind now adjusted. Tokyo is a no fly zone due to population density.)

I find it interesting that here UAV forecast is showing more available SATs than my home county of Canada (Toronto). Therefore I'm anticipating a safer flight. I will be sure to do a compass calibration and check the status prior to take off. (The procedure to bring in the airplane was completely without incident, no one checked anything - straight through - perhaps I was trusted by fact of Japanese wife speaking to immigration on my behalf - recieved 90 days Visa as per government agreements between Japan/Canada)

Side note: Visited DJI store in Shinjuku and Mavic Pro 2 is wildly expensive here. 194,000 yen is $2339 Canadian. If I were to purchase through DJI website in USD = $1499 which translates to $1937 Canadian. That's a $400 mark-up here in Japan. Wow. Can you say Trade-War?

Thank you for your inquiry. I'll be sure to update when able.

Thanks Spark Community.
View attachment 6892View attachment 6893View attachment 6894View attachment 6895
Keep the pics coming. Enjoy

Reactions: traveler8
First outing was successful. Minor voltage/amp difference may have impacted batteries longevity, however spark batteries life is about 10 minutes and a good %15 percent of 1st battery was used calibrating and safety checking. I enjoyed my time. Family posed together. They said they liked it/it was cool. (Maybe just being kind to me, however they were kind to me to bring me out)

Due to no computer, all stitching was conducted via Android APK SuperPano Free (which is pretty good!)

Things noticed: 1- even here by ocean there was WiFi impacting my Spark, but performance was not impacted during photo modes. 2- Less dead bugs on Drone after landing compared to flights I was doing in Toronto Canada. (I didn't even see one dead bug on Spark, whereas in Toronto I'll need to wipe down Spark after completing my 3 batteries after flying) (I'm pretty sensitive about bug splatter removal for storage) (purchased alcohol swaps at Shoppers Drug Mart for post flight cleanings) 3- no one approached me to ask about my "helicopter thing" as can happen on a regular in Canada (less nosey people here I guess)Screenshot_20180920-161635.jpgDJI_0001(3).jpgScreenshot_20180920-162725.jpgScreenshot_20180920-162624.jpgScreenshot_20180920-162557.jpgScreenshot_20180920-163122.jpgScreenshot_20180920-163154.jpg

Attachments

• DJI_0001-01.jpeg
    DJI_0001-01.jpeg
    35.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20180920-162725.jpg
    Screenshot_20180920-162725.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 16
Cool pics and after the worry, great result that you had a good day and the' helicopter thing' went down well with family!!!! [emoji106]

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit