Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

TRUST done!

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
I’m pathetically happy to report that having read about TRUST on this Forum and been advised by the FAA (when renewing my Registration) that I should complete the course/exam I have done it-Certificate to flash if required. Proud that I can safely (and legally) operate my Spark in the US now.

Thanks Dragonfly Joe. Just the A2 C of C to do here now. A whole different kettle of fish plus $134 too, in £s of course.

I’m pathetically happy to report that having read about TRUST on this Forum and been advised by the FAA (when renewing my Registration) that I should complete the course/exam I have done it-Certificate to flash if required. Proud that I can safely (and legally) operate my Spark in the US now.
I salute you! Well done.

Reactions: twickers14
M8. That’s a new one on me-must remember it. Need a good week to have a go at A2 but the cost is daft when I can get the Trust for nought.

Reactions: BrianP
Way-to-go, twickers! I'll get around to it eventually, but truth be known, my enthusiasm has waned since the whole remote ID thing came up. I was somewhat heartened that the FAA actually seemed to have listened to the NPRM responses as evidenced by their dropping the internet connectivity aspect. DJI's plans for enabling remote ID capability will determine how this is going to go. Still not happy about the idea of anyone with the proper app being able to see the location of the pilot. This invites confrontation by those with no clue of a hobby drone's capabilities. Proper authorities is one thing, John Q. Public is a different kettle of fish. Guess I'm just one of those glass half-empty folks. Anyway, congrats to you sir!

Reactions: RotorWash
You are a gentleman and thank you for your thoughts and congrats. I have been following the debate about pilot ID being revealable (if there is such a word!!) and I see where you are coming from. Not at all sure where we stand with this in the U.K. and frankly I haven’t heard too much about it during lockdown. Perhaps it will raise its head again here and will keep an eye out for it. My Mrs would say I’m a glass half empty man so will join the Club.

Reactions: RotorWash

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef