Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

trying to switch to Apple mini iPad 2

Drone2thebone

Join
Jan 26, 2018
Having trouble going from a android Device to a mini2 reset the spark by holding the power button 9 seconds but when turning on the rc it beeps with flashing red light until I move the ipad away from the remote. Anybody have this happen to them?

Having trouble going from a android Device to a mini2 reset the spark by holding the power button 9 seconds but when turning on the rc it beeps with flashing red light until I move the ipad away from the remote. Anybody have this happen to them?

You shouldn't need to reset the aircraft when switching devices. It should be seamless because the device (whatever it is) just connects to whatever WiFi signal is coming from either the aircraft (if flying with the device) or the RC (if flying with the RC).

That said...I could be wrong. I was wrong once...I got married. <<badda boom>>:D

So do I have to unlink the old device before trying to link the ipad mini ? If so how do i do that

I wouldn't think that you would have to "unlink" because there really is no link.

Try this -- don't turn on your Android device, just your iOS device.

Now, since you did the trick on the aircraft to switch between device-controlled and RC-controlled, you may have to do that again if you want to use the device or the RC, your choice. But, either way, it should work with the other device.

It's working right now perfectly with the rc with the android tablet. So what would be the procedure to use the ios in place of the android tablet?

It's working right now perfectly with the rc with the android tablet. So what would be the procedure to use the ios in place of the android tablet?

If you want to use the iOS device:

1) Turn off the Android device
2) Turn on the iOS device
3) Turn on the aircraft
4) Turn on the RC
5) Start DJI GO 4 app on the iOS device
6) Turn WiFi on, on the iOS device
7) Select the "RC" WiFi connection on the iOS device
8) Go back to the DJI GO 4 app

You should be connected.

If not, do the device/RC switch scheme via the aircraft battery (the exact sequence is on this board somewhere...do a search, or look in the manual...can't recall exactly off the top of my head).

If you want to use the iOS device:

1) Turn off the Android device
2) Turn on the iOS device
3) Turn on the aircraft
4) Turn on the RC
5) Start DJI GO 4 app on the iOS device
6) Turn WiFi on, on the iOS device
7) Select the "RC" WiFi connection on the iOS device
8) Go back to the DJI GO 4 app

You should be connected.

If not, do the device/RC switch scheme via the aircraft battery (the exact sequence is on this board somewhere...do a search, or look in the manual...can't recall exactly off the top of my head).
Ok ill try that tomorrow thanks very much for your help

Ok I think I got it figured out but a weird thing is going on. When I have the ipad slid into the rc and go through the start up procedure the rc will go green for maybe 2 seconds then start to beep flashing red. Then I start to slip the ipad out of the holder at about a 1/4 of the way out the beeping stops ...it goes green and everything is ok. If I slide the ipad into the rc volume buttons up it works perfect. It's like the ipad is causing interference in the linking process between the remote and the spark. Heard of that one before?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmizzoni