Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Two issues with Spark that help is required.

Dick

Join
Jul 5, 2017
Loc
Lake Keowee South Carolina
Two issues with Spark.

1. When using my Samsung 6 edge as the host for djigo4, the gimbal up and down area on the screen is taken over by the right stick, thus not allowing me to change the gimbal height?

This essentially neuters the "phone only" mode of operation. It appears to be correct until you touch that area and the right stick shows up.

Anyone else have this issue and is there a fix in the works? (I am using the new app and firmware)

2. Tried gesture mode today and while it "kinda" worked I was never able to get the new video gesture to be recognized? (one arm in the air at a 45, I think) I believe I followed the new directions to no avail, although I was able to take a photo with the "square" gesture and have it return to for a palm landing with the 2 arms in the air.

Any suggestions?

Thanx for any insights on either of these issues.

I dont use phone only, so I cant really answer point 1 but could you not change the controller setting? At least when using remote, you have options to change what left stick do, what right stick do etc.
So possibly you can change this as well for the phone app controller?

Point 2, are you on latest firmware (Spark, RC, batteries)? The video gesture is only from fw 500 if im not mistaken.

1) Samsung S6. I assume you don't use the RC as it would not be an issue.
What explained Lancelot is this:
You cannot control the Gimbal and the sticks at same time this way.
You can try this button that enable tracking of gimbal by the tilt of the phone. I never tried it, forget to try it during above vide :(
Capture56.PNG

2) Video gesture is not really working that fine at me. The Spark should be at the right distance (not too fare, not too close). Also your arm need to really be nicely visible toward the background. By me it works lower than 20% of the situations (at some place, 0%, at some others 75%). Any new firmware is expected to improve that, I hope.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChunGreenh