Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

UK drone registration from today.

twickers14

Join
Sep 6, 2018
Loc
SW U.K.
We have to have registered and allegedly 50k out of the estimated 90k pilots here in the UK have not managed it yet. The site crashed yesterday so some will have struggled anyway.

I'm always amazed when an entity sets a requirement and then doesn't allocate the resources to ensure they can provide the interface. Even the Disney company underestimated the response here in the U.S. a couple of weeks ago when they opened up their new streaming service for registration and were overwhelmed.

We have to have registered and allegedly 50k out of the estimated 90k pilots here in the UK have not managed it yet. The site crashed yesterday so some will have struggled anyway.
I registered OK but firstly was mislead to go off onto a bogus site at the top of google search that wanted £40 for the registration! it's called drone registration.co etc. Silly me! Needless to say I did not complete.

I see they suggest the registration is put on the front or side of the drone but neither position is convenient and I believe the BMFA say we can put it in the battery compartment?

I registered OK but firstly was mislead to go off onto a bogus site at the top of google search that wanted £40 for the registration! it's called drone registration.co etc. Silly me! Needless to say I did not complete.
Glad to hear the scam failed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme