Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Unresponsive sparky

N3M3SIS2ALL

Join
May 28, 2017
Ok so in June I encountered in issue with my mavic in Cancun where it went up, said everything was good to go but it wouldn't come near me and it wouldn't do certain things like go up but would go down then it would move really slow. So now I'm about 60 ish miles away from Cancun with a spark and I'm encountering the same issue. In my hotel before my first flight I recalibrated imu and compass, flew it around no issues. Then I go to my buddies hotel try to get some pool shots and it wouldn't respond to certain commands like go up and when it would respond it would go slow. I had to grab it and force a stop by turning it upside down.
Any thoughts? And yes it's up to date on everything. Any help would be appreciated, I'm here till the 6th

You're in the rare yet infamous Cancun Triangle. Good luck...

Is that a thing? Theres a few spots I really want to take it to but if it's spotty maybe I'll just put it away.

Nah...just kidding.

Just curious...but where were you exactly when you calibrated the IMU?

Nah...just kidding.

Just curious...but where were you exactly when you calibrated the IMU?

I had just arrived to my hotel and I used the coffee table in my room.
I flew it right after in the balcony with no issues. Then I went to the pool , tried a few moves, it was moving slowly and trying to elevate or move forward was not functioning. So as soon as I had the opportunity I grabbed it

Calibration preferably done in open areas where no magnetic interference can affect it, so try it outside, and watch out for rebar or concrete structure/ ground.

Only for compass calibration you would need an open area. IMU calibration is no issue with magnetic environment.
In any case, what you describe don't look like a calibration issue but more interference issues.
The best would be you try one time at a remote place with no wifi around you, no bluetooth devices. That will give you an indication if the Spark/RC is ok (are you using an RC ? Wifi or OTG cable connection ?).
If you are using an RC, then you can try also with just the phone, but some phones maybe don't like the 5.8G if you are in CE mode in Cancun(?). At least you need to deal with only one connection, but you will have to keep it close to you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayitsomar