Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Update firmware problem

Sparksteeler

Join
Dec 7, 2018
When I got spark I tried to download and update firmware. Download went ok however update failed on both controller and spark . Never even got 1% update. Error code was all zeros. Downloaded dji assistant to computer and updating spark firmware successfully. How do I update the controller firmware? Can it also be updated using dji assistant? Still not sure why updates failed when I didn’t use computer. I initially downloaded firmware using the App through my WiFi then switched to spark WiFi and clicked update. It failed, what did I do wrong that lead to me updating using the assistant? If I can’t update using the app how do I update controller?

It could have been a minor "Hiccup" during the WiFi transmission causing it to be incomplete.

I've never used the DJI assistant to update but I have had to restart the WiFi process sometimes when it doesn't take the first time.

Try again and good luck.:)

It took me 5 or 6 attempts over several days to even get updates to start. If I recall correctly I had to connect via WiFi separately to Spark and then Remote. Wouldn't work when all 3 connected to each other.

I also saw in DJI manual the two devices should be less than 20cm apart. Closer is better. Do it right next to your WiFi router too.

There is some weird voodoo with these firmware updates. Persistence pays off

Hi ..I had problems updating and got advice here on the forum to try using otg cable connected to RC ...worked great

Reactions: Sparksteeler

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast