Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Updating Flight Zone Database on GO App 4?

nutsnbolts

Join
Nov 25, 2017
I'm curious whether it is necessary to always update the flight database. I had an instance where I flew with my Android phone and then it asked me to update the flight zone database and when it completed (including restarting my spark), I flew in another location the same day and used my Ipad Mini this time and it asked me to update again? Since I did it with my Android a flight before, why do i need to do it again when using my iPad Mini 4? Is this normal?

Given the circumstances, I did turn on my hotspot on my phone (since both Android and iPad Mini 4 don't have cellular service), I went through the update.

Updating Flight Zone Database isn't necessary to fly, just recommended to get warnings when you fly in forbidden or restricted places.

I'm curious whether it is necessary to always update the flight database. I had an instance where I flew with my Android phone and then it asked me to update the flight zone database and when it completed (including restarting my spark), I flew in another location the same day and used my Ipad Mini this time and it asked me to update again? Since I did it with my Android a flight before, why do i need to do it again when using my iPad Mini 4? Is this normal?

Given the circumstances, I did turn on my hotspot on my phone (since both Android and iPad Mini 4 don't have cellular service), I went through the update.

The update is device-dependent. Perfectly normal to update twice when you connect with two different devices.

The update is device-dependent. Perfectly normal to update twice when you connect with two different devices.
I flew again today with my iPad and it asked me again. Sheesh how many times. This time I was at home.

I flew again today with my iPad and it asked me again. Sheesh how many times. This time I was at home.

Maybe they updated it again...<<shrugging>>

Maybe they updated it again...<<shrugging>>
I wouldn't mind so much if my device was a cellular device. Otherwise I have to connect to a hotspot or back to my wifi network.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d beard