Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

USB Powerpack battery charging

t7pjj

Join
Dec 5, 2017
Hi.

I'm new to the forum and searched for this query with no luck so apologies if this is already asked somewhere else.

Like alot of people I am interested in being able to charge a spark battery of a power bank while flying the spark.

I have found the following and wondered if anyone has any experience using it with USB or if not any recommendations as to a successful setup for charging the battery while out of the spark from a battery pack.

https://www.amazon.com/Battery-Charger-Charging-Control-Accessory/dp/B0784TJM1L

Thanks.

Paul

From the Website...

【DESIGNED FOR DJLL SPARL】

I dunno ??o_O

Unless you need the car charger just get the dock for $17 : https://www.amazon.com/BonFook-Parallel-Intelligent-Charging-Indicator/dp/B0775GRQ85

Reports on FB indicate that it works well with a Xiaomi 20000mAh QC 2.0 pack that can recharge 4 times in about 50 minutes.

Not available in Europe for the time being unfortunately

51OW9b3CkL_SL1000_1.jpg

My experience of using a battery pack is a 10000 mAh one which can fill my Samsung S6 3-4 times. I charged one Spark battery and it drained it by half. Doesn't add up to me so I won't be trying that again

I'll second buying name-brand chargers. The ones sold at cellular stores for $19.99 or more can be had from Amazon or other online retailers for probably about $5, just make sure it's an actual OEM product and not a generic replacement. I originally bought a generic car charger as part of an accessory kit for my Droid a couple of years ago, and it was a piece of junk. Ended up getting an official Motorola charger for a few bucks and had zero problems with it, and I'm still using it on my Galaxy Nexus. I imagine the same general rule would apply for wall chargers.

For charging in the field, I spent $20 on the cheapest inverter Harbor Freight sells. I take my 3 way DJI charger and plug it into the inverter. Fly 3 batteries, stop somewhere for dinner, fly 3 batteries again. (Well, not these days, I take a picnic lunch.)

Not sure if this is the same one Tentoes uses but I too have this one leave it in my backpack to charge up a battery or two when I travel. Works really well. Don’t forget the 20 percent off coupons!

My experience of using a battery pack is a 10000 mAh one which can fill my Samsung S6 3-4 times. I charged one Spark battery and it drained it by half. Doesn't add up to me so I won't be trying that again

I have the same results as well with my 10000mAh battery, but I expected it, because a phone battery is much smaller than that of a drone. Your Samsung probably only has one "cell" in it but the Spark has three. I had bought my battery pack before I had my drone for other purposes. However I am happy with its performance on the Spark and use it while hiking as my battery pack outputs Quick Charge 3.0. It charges the Spark as quick as the plug-in charger. It has a built in Qi pad, USB-C, port, QC Port and a regular usb and cost around $22 on Amazon. I don't see the exact model listed now, but there are similar others from the same Hukonui brand.

If charging in the car is an option: I bought a 300watt pure-sine-wave inverter for around $40. I can charge all sorts of items and not have to purchase a 12volt charger for everything I buy in the future. And I don't have to worry about messing something up with a modified-sine-wave.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KguaooNex