Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Video stream range

After last update I only get 175-180m at most.

I'll lose signal in open space and I'm very sceptical as how far it would go safely without triggering RTH each time.

For this reason my previous Hubsan H501 was much more better with customized antennas.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using SparkPilots Spark Forum mobile app

Gah, I guess the forums just decided to stop sending me email notifications.

I recently flew my drone 3400 feet away and didn't have signal issues. I did have to keep the antennas aimed correctly, but beyond that it worked just fine. Seems that sometimes the range is garbage, and sometimes it's not - and I don't know what the deciding factor is, because it's certainly not wireless interference. My best guess right now is that the metal content in the mountains around me does something...? That might be a stretch though...

Gah, I guess the forums just decided to stop sending me email notifications.

I recently flew my drone 3400 feet away and didn't have signal issues. I did have to keep the antennas aimed correctly, but beyond that it worked just fine. Seems that sometimes the range is garbage, and sometimes it's not - and I don't know what the deciding factor is, because it's certainly not wireless interference. My best guess right now is that the metal content in the mountains around me does something...? That might be a stretch though...

Curious, how do you aim your antennas properly? Perpendicular to the location of the craft?

I managed 500m in a field with cows and nothing else nearby.

Line of sight is definitely a must. Going behind anything will loose signal.

I managed 500m in a field with cows and nothing else nearby.

Line of sight is definitely a must. Going behind anything will loose signal.
Yes, line of sight is a total must, even tree will highly attenuate the signal.

Yes, line of sight is a total must, even tree will highly attenuate the signal.
Yeah, even a small bush is enough to screw it up. Which sucks, because this thing is small enough to fly through bushes and trees, and the video from that is always super cool :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis