Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Watch your Props!

Excesstext

Join
Jun 18, 2018
I’ve had a couple of roughing landings where the Spark has fallen off the landing target (table/mailbox etc) as the motors have been shutting down so no damage to the Prop blades.

However today after a couple of flights over the ocean I was doing a quick prop check and realised I’d broken a mounting tab.

Yes I’ve probably put about 5km off distance over ocean like this, and to say I’m feeling lucky...

IMG_1231.JPG

IMG_1233.JPG

It’s probably worth taking the props off every few flights and checking the robustness of the mounts just to be sure!

Lucky it was still able to come back to you could have been in the middle of the ocean if it gave up ;)

Tell me about it. I was thinking when it started on the last couple of flights it was a bit wobbly!

IMG_1239.JPG

I was flying out of the 4th floor balcony of my hotel at the time and there was epic turbulence from the wind around the building.

Good thread. After reading this, I retired my original 150+ flight props today.

That might be a good idea? I’ve done about 35 flights covering about 30km so I wouldn’t expect any stress damage except for bumping in the bag (the FlyMore bag) and the couple of rough landings.

I guess I had assumed like my other quads the prop blades were the weak point but I think in this case it’s the locking tabs.

I’ve had a couple of roughing landings where the Spark has fallen off the landing target (table/mailbox etc) as the motors have been shutting down so no damage to the Prop blades.

However today after a couple of flights over the ocean I was doing a quick prop check and realised I’d broken a mounting tab.

Yes I’ve probably put about 5km off distance over ocean like this, and to say I’m feeling lucky...

View attachment 6289

View attachment 6290

It’s probably worth taking the props off every few flights and checking the robustness of the mounts just to be sure!
Treat your drone as if it's a real aircraft and do a pre flight check every time before a flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme