Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Waypoints with spark?

If you're using an iOS mobile device, you can fly waypoints with Autopilot.

Reactions: Dave woods

This guy seems to be testing one and he's uploaded it to GitHub. I would get the"Island" app and install it along side the regular dji app so you can have one modded and one not. I can't research right now it's time for work but I'll continue later today looking.

I use Autopilot on an iPad mini 4 for Waypoint missions with Spark and overall it works well.

Does Autopilot waypoints let you adjust the gimbal while flying? How about rotation? That would be really good to focus exclusively on the camera work while it flies a prescribed path.

DJI GO 4 MOD 2.0 | DJI GO 4 MOD LITE [ Additional Features | Android | App Ver. 4.1.15 ]

Read this thread. I've been using this dji go4 mod app four 6 months now with not one single problem and it unlocks all the flight modes of the mavic for the spark to use and they work. You get waypoints course lock train follow and all the other ones

Did you tested waypoints and follow and did it work like on the Mavic? I can't get follow me to work. It's hoovering but not following.

Follow me ... follows the remote... a mavic feature.
Not possible with Spark.
I could be wrong..;)

Does Autopilot waypoints let you adjust the gimbal while flying? How about rotation? That would be really good to focus exclusively on the camera work while it flies a prescribed path.

Autpilot adjusts the gimbal as best as possible given that the Spark only has a two way gimbal. Autopilot will adjust the Spark flight path to align the camera focal point as best as possible.

Frankly I like this solution better than using a modded version of the Go app. My biggest concern is that Autopilot uses a proprietary flight controller (not DJI's) which has some risk but for me, that is preferred over modded Go app.

Litchi don’t works waypoint and orbital with spark....

I considered buying Litchi but did not since it does not support Waypoints on Spark. Litchi does not support Waypoints on Spark because they use the DJI API and DJI does not support waypoints. Autopilot uses its own controller (a different risk) but can provide capabilities DJI does not since Autopilot does not rely on the DJI API.

Reactions: Brojon

Well, I went out and bought a mini Ipad 4. So, after I'm satisfied I got that working with the Spark, I will go get Autopilot.

I haven't used Apple products since about the time Steve Jobs came out with his original computers.

Well, I went out and bought a mini Ipad 4. So, after I'm satisfied I got that working with the Spark, I will go get Autopilot.

I haven't used Apple products since about the time Steve Jobs came out with his original computers.

I'm an Android guy myself (phone and tablet) but I do use a MacBook Pro for my computer. I bought a used iPad mini 4 LTE (without SIM) just for flying the Spark with Autopilot. It's not perfect but overall it works well enough for me. I like how the iPad mini fits perfectly in the Spark remote control. Good luck!

IPad mini 1 ?
Is it worth buying one just to use it as a viewer ?

I don't know about the Mini 1. I have a Mini 4. You have to consider the processor as well, as you don't want to deal with those issues if you get anything too slow.

I will say the screen view is lovely when I was hooking up the Spark last night. I just have to take it out in the next few days. I'm going to fly under the Dji 4 app for the moment.

My adroid is a Galaxy S7. Nothing wrong with it, just a lot smaller screen. I will still use it I expect on and off.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast