Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Waypoints with spark?

Mmmmm....
Ok
I don't want spend too much for just a display.
I can find used Ipad mini 1 or 2 at a very low price, 3 or 4, even used, are too expensive

Mmmmm....
Ok
I don't want spend too much for just a display.
I can find used Ipad mini 1 or 2 at a very low price, 3 or 4, even used, are too expensive
Only mini2 and above are supported...

Did you tested waypoints and follow and did it work like on the Mavic? I can't get follow me to work. It's hoovering but not following.

I have tested all the different modes. All work for me. Waypoints on the mavic have 3 different waypoint setting this one has one. The follow me doesn't work because of the controller. But you can just use active track draw box around object and it follows you just the same. Terrain mode kept the altude of 5ft above ground as I went over a hill. course lock which is my favorite works perfect.
I have all settings in the mod go app working. Maps, telemetry, warnings, logs, history of past flights. The only thing that I don't have is offline maps, but I always have internet so my maps always update, even when I was in mexico with the spark

I've been using Autopilot and have been happy with the results. I've tried waypoints a number of times - it works well.

However I really love the follow mode, where it locks onto the GPS signal of your phone/controller. Here is a recent test that I did.

I activated follow me mode and had the phone/controller on my handle bars - occasionally adjusting the position of the drone relative to me (i.e. front, back, left right). It track me no problem.

Reactions: Grillilainen
IPad mini 1 ?
Is it worth buying one just to use it as a viewer ?
Nope. Processor is way too slow in the mini 1. I've used all four mini's with Go4 ( two borrowed, two owned ) and the mini 1 just doesn't make it. Screens of the 1,2,3 aren't as bright either. However, any screen really needs a 'hood' to be useful in any sun lit situation.
There are mini 4's available in the $300-$325 range. Got mine from BestBuy online for $295 a few months ago. Dedicated to flight. Biggest dowside is that I purchased the WiFi only version. Without a cellular version, AND enabled cellular, dynamic maps aren't available. However, you can easily get around this by turning on Map cacheing for the area you'll be flying, NOT turning off the iPad (or closing Go4).

I've been using Autopilot and have been happy with the results. I've tried waypoints a number of times - it works well.

However I really love the follow mode, where it locks onto the GPS signal of your phone/controller. Here is a recent test that I did.

I activated follow me mode and had the phone/controller on my handle bars - occasionally adjusting the position of the drone relative to me (i.e. front, back, left right). It track me no problem.
Airspace is one of the best and most powerful features of autopilot great video [emoji106]

IPad mini 1 ?
Is it worth buying one just to use it as a viewer ?
iPad mini 1 doesn’t support the Dji go 4 app, has to be iPad mini 2 onwards as I’ve just gone down that route myself ;)

Hopefully Dji will pull there finger out and include waypoints on an update soon for the spark as I’m sceptical about using a different app with Spark still being under warranty and with having Dji Refresh o_O

Maybe spark just can't with it's software, I'm surprised that litchi didn't try, i mean who'd pay 25 bucks for something that you get for free with the DJI app already
If you saw how much more advanced this was you wouldn't ask that. It's unbelievable with a Mavic. I plan my route in Google Earth (keeping a constant above ground altitude), import it into Litchi, and get some amazingly smooth videos from it. Litchi is awesome. If they ever add waypoints for the Spark I'd gladly pay ANOTHER $25 for it if I had to.

Just recently purchased Autopilot but haven’t tried it yet due to rainy, snowy or windy weather. Planned a waypoint mission I hope to try tomorrow. I use Litchi all the time and have flown waypoints on it with my phantom 3 standard a few times. It seems like Autopilot has way more features and control of waypoint planning. I especially like being able to plan 360 equirectangular panos at waypoints - something Litchi can’t do. I also like the path inspector - being able to see flight plan in real time before flying it. I still love Litchi but Autopilot just gives me more tools for Spark.

Today I was excited to try Autopilot for the first time but had nothing but disappointment. Couldn't get a waypoints mission I planned to work properly. I launched Spark but when I launched my saved waypoints flight plan I got an error message saying something like it could not launch because of a No Flight area. I tried engaging anyway and it seemed to engage and start the mission but seemed to ignore the second waypoint and kept on flying past it. I aborted the mission and the Spark hovered and I flew it back manually. I tried another couple of times with different batteries but the same sort of thing happened. Manual flying the Spark with Autopilot worked perfectly. There is an airstrip in the area but I was way more than 5kms from it. Airmap and UAV Forecast both indicate I am out of the No Fly Zones (5Kms) of any area airports Both Litchi and GO4 work from the same launch point without problems. GO4 just warns me that there is an airport in the area and to fly with caution. Not sure why this is happening in Autopilot but I am going to see if I can pull up some error messages.

Airdata indicates the following warnings:
Current product does not support this feature.(code:-1013)
Setting parameters operation failed.(code:-1007)

I also got these errors too:
Vision Sensor Communication Error
Camera sensor error
Both were on two separate consecutive flights. I have never got these camera errors before in GO4 or Litchi. When I got home I connected to my Spark checked the hardware status (camera, gimbal, IMU, calibration, sensors) and everything registered normal.

I will have to look for another area to try Autopilot and see what happens.

Today I was excited to try Autopilot for the first time but had nothing but disappointment. Couldn't get a waypoints mission I planned to work properly. I launched Spark but when I launched my saved waypoints flight plan I got an error message saying something like it could not launch because of a No Flight area. I tried engaging anyway and it seemed to engage and start the mission but seemed to ignore the second waypoint and kept on flying past it. I aborted the mission and the Spark hovered and I flew it back manually.

Did you check your flight plan in the map view of autopilot using the path inspector? When you click on the path inspector twice, you can "simulate" the flight along the defined waypoint track and the camera focus. Quite good to check everything before going outside.

Did you check your flight plan in the map view of autopilot using the path inspector? When you click on the path inspector twice, you can "simulate" the flight along the defined waypoint track and the camera focus. Quite good to check everything before going outside.
Yes, numerous times well before I arrived at the site to fly. I think the main problem is that Autopilot is not allowing the waypoint mission to complete because it thinks its in a No Fly Zone, but it doesn't explain why after reaching the second waypoint it seemed to continue on its own. I am going to look for a site to fly far away from any airstrips (harder than it sounds) in a wide open area and try a short nearby mission.

Downloaded red waypoint havent tried it yet tried the offline planner and seems to work OK I cant seem to set a POI though do you have to be connected to the UAV to set a POI ?

Reactions: Red Waypoint

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nixontabis