Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Welcome to the SparkPilots forum!

Reactions: Thomas Poland
Poland, Poznań. I invite you to my media, where you can see the views from my country and city, made of course by Spark.

Hello from the UK ?? I’m so excited ? getting my white sparky tomorrow...can’t wait. Read and went through so many YouTube videos the wife getting angry already ???

Reactions: Spark 317
Hello from the UK ?? I’m so excited ? getting my white sparky tomorrow...can’t wait. Read and went through so many YouTube videos the wife getting angry already ???

Have you watched this video on YouTube? That's Casey Neistat flying the DJI Spark inside a 1st Class Airplane suite. This should be the life goal for all Spark owners. :pSpark-casey.jpg

Have you watched this video on YouTube? That's Casey Neistat flying the DJI Spark inside a 1st Class Airplane suite. This should be the life goal for all Spark owners. :pView attachment 10942

So what do think...30,000 feet at 500 mph, give or take?

A new speed and altitude record for the Spark.?

• Haha
Reactions: nilanjan118
No,no.no...

Happy wife, happy life. :)

She's your copilot to keep ya steady.;)
To be honest, behind the scene she is keeping an eye on the horrid weather here in the UK at the moment and prompting me every now and then to go and fly?when the wind is calm...

Hello from Washington, DC! My copilot (wife) just gave me a Spark fly more combo as a retirement gift. I love that woman:). Looking forward to sopping up the knowledge from SparkPilots.

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, RiverRatDC.

From a drone pilot point of view, DC would be a beautiful place to capture but the whole area is a NFZ. Bummer.

Some apps available free in the app stores worth having are...

1) AIRMAP. This provides the pilot with information on NFZ's NOTAM's, TFR's, etc.
You can scroll around the map and find potential flying areas between the NFZ's.

2) UAV FORECAST. This provides information on the weather in your area to determine if it's a good day to fly. Parameters such as wind speeds at different altitudes, temperatures, satilites, etc.

I check both of these before heading out the door because it might look like a nice day on the ground, but could be different 200' up or a TFR may pop up due to an air show, President, or other events that warrant a TFR.

The third app is WINDY. It has a nice flowing graphic of the wind that is soothing to watch and shows how the wind is flowing rather than just an arrow pointing.

Enjoy retirement and welcome to the Forum. ?

Reactions: Maersk65
Thanks Spark 317. I've been building and flying RC models for forty years and it broke my heart when DC became one large NFZ. Sadly, I just have to go farther out to legally fly.

Working now to learn dji Go 4 and Litchi.

Thanks for all the great pointers,
Kevin

Last edited:
Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, RiverRatDC.

From a drone pilot point of view, DC would be a beautiful place to capture but the whole area is a NFZ. Bummer.

Some apps available free in the app stores worth having are...

1) AIRMAP. This provides the pilot with information on NFZ's NOTAM's, TFR's, etc.
You can scroll around the map and find potential flying areas between the NFZ's.

2) UAV FORECAST. This provides information on the weather in your area to determine if it's a good day to fly. Parameters such as wind speeds at different altitudes, temperatures, satilites, etc.

I check both of these before heading out the door because it might look like a nice day on the ground, but could be different 200' up or a TFR may pop up due to an air show, President, or other events that warrant a TFR.

The third app is WINDY. It has a nice flowing graphic of the wind that is soothing to watch and shows how the wind is flowing rather than just an arrow pointing.

Enjoy retirement and welcome to the Forum. ?
Hi Spark, windy app, do you mean windy.com app or Windy sailing and surf??? The other 2 apps I have and they are very good and helpful...
Have s nice day.

Hi Spark, windy app, do you mean windy.com app or Windy sailing and surf??? The other 2 apps I have and they are very good and helpful...
Have s nice day.

Windy.com.

Reactions: Maersk65

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast