Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Incoming severe weather

shuggins

Join
Oct 11, 2018
Loc
Grapevine, TX
Hello everyone! How're things in your Spark World? This time of year we often get severe weather. These days, I always keep my Spark charged up and in the car with me - you never know when you see something to cause you to pull over and launch Spark to see what you can capture. I live in a rural part of North Texas - I have to drive about 8 miles to get to a grocery store. The radio started mentioning severe weather in my area with a Tornado watch. Once the skies started to darken, I launched Spark. I went thru 4 batteries and this is what came out of it. Are crazy as it looks - there were no tornadoes produced. In some of the hyperlapses, you can see the trees being whipped around. Always amazes me how strong Spark can fly in windy weather!

ps: I don't know why this looks to be low-resolution...it's 1080p, but looks rough for some reason.

Well done! Smooth on the sticks and, despite the wind, the Spark held steady.

She’s a solid craft and I must fly mine more. Thanks for sharing this, the music helps lots to make it even more spectacular.

SoccerRef12, to be fair.... I used Final Cut Pro's stabilization effect to smooth out all the shakiness from all the wind. I noticed you are in Lampasas. Passed thru there many times before when driving 281 down towards the hill country. That's a neat part of the state!

twickers14- I tried so hard to find some music or sound effects that might make it look eerie.

Reactions: twickers14
Thanks Dragonfly Joe! Anyone has anything new to share from your Spark? @twickers14 - you haven't been flying Spark much? Have you been flying other drones?

The ma2 sure looks like a swell bird. I can understand.

Reactions: twickers14

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vdbnoe