Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Well , I lost Sparky.....BUT I FOUND IT!

Very kind of you to provide useful information, not sure how to go about it, but I did retrieve Sparky perched 20feet up in a tree thanks to the guidance offered by nilanjan 118 among others.

This bird might have a mind of its own at times but thankfully leaves traces as to where it goes hiding....sure wish my dog would do the same !

Thank you for your kind comments.

Glad that you found it. I examined your flight log and feel that something is definitely not right with your Spark. You have "Not Enough Force/ESC Error" repeated during flight quite a few times. I also noticed that you had the bottom sensors even at altitudes of 75m+. That explains why the AC was going up during RTH. Now that you have found the AC, you should definitely send it to DJI for analysis.

============================

Your analysis is spot on. What I thought was normal behavior against the wind was erroneous. I did further tests today , given your comments and comments from others when I was flying forward - all - like you suggested a strange behavior.

After testing today, I can confirm that Obstacle Avoidance is defective on my Aircraft. When disable it now flies smoothly , even in mild wind condition. So wind is/was not the issue ...its the OA feature.

When disabled I now have a brand new AC flying like a bird for the first time, which to me is a pleasant eye opener given that previous flights have been shall I say..quite the challenge.

For now and trust the right thing to do is to fly with OA disabled...I still have warranty on this bird although bought second hand from an individual who claimed it never took of the ground....ummm..who knows??

I might contact DJI to get some advice, but do not plan on investing heavily on the bird as my aim is the Mavic product line.....

Thank you so kindly once again for your support and help.

Flew this afternoon all is well. Flew this evening and although RTH properly setup ...Sparky although asked on 3 different opccasions to come back....just hovered at some place I could hear but not see ( over a forest)... I tried to guide it back ..no success....It ran out of juice and went silent.....

Nice, Christmas in June. :)

Reactions: Toxie
FWIW, there are some hi-tech locators available. I have a cheap little Bluetooth tracker I attach to my drones. They aren’t very loud, more to find your car keys...but hey! Every little thing helps. They’re called Tiles.

Reactions: Toxie
Mate, glad you got your boy back, there is an app called Airdata which is very helpful in finding lost drones & have history of flights including any fault warnings that show up from time to time during a flight ! it is free too !!
I note also, you don't seem to have read or watched the instructions on the features of DJI 4 app or you would have known about the "find my drone " feature ? just saying ?

Checking weather conditions pre-flight should be as standard as breathing. There are limits to all drone's when it comes to wind and especially gusts. Installing UAVForecast on your smartphone and checking the wind profile and forecast could easily prevent you from choosing the wrong day to go flying. The spark's single compass and IMU can lose sync with each other when fighting gusts, and once you lose that, you are in ATTI and at the mercy of the wind and your own manual flying skills. If you are beyond line of site, it could be tough to fly back. That said, it sounds like you may have a defect in the hardware... I would get it checked out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme