Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

went to fly my drone then caught a BIG snapping turtle

The humble little box turtle is about all I can handle. :D

Those snappers don't look friendly at all.

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Well done! Especially handling the snapping turtle. They are very mean and have long necks. I noticed you picked him up towards the back of his shell so he/she couldn't reach your fingers. You're a braver man than me.

Reactions: Spark 317
SR yes and you should NEVER pick a snapper up by it's tale like old reptile books from the 50's suggest. Picking a heavy turtle like that up by it's tale can cause spinal issues. The proper way as demonstrated or sliding one hand underneath on it's plastron and another on top, the preferred method is the one like i did.

DFJ Ha Ha no soup i returned him to the place where he was. Right now he is being ostracized in the snapping turtle community because he told everyone he was abducted by an "alien being" that did not have a shell and walked on two feet. other snappers snicker at him when he goes by.

Oh boy. Us Limeys find that sort of wildlife a bit extreme. No ‘gators here nor snappers. It looked very cross and would have taken a finger off if held the wrong way. Brilliant stuff. Where is it geographically by the way-the crickets and water weed plus tree types suggest USA FL but probably totally wrong.

Reactions: Dragonfly Joe
Oh boy. Us Limeys find that sort of wildlife a bit extreme. No ‘gators here nor snappers. It looked very cross and would have taken a finger off if held the wrong way. Brilliant stuff. Where is it geographically by the way-the crickets and water weed plus tree types suggest USA FL but probably totally wrong.
close, it's Maryland and right now we are in the middle of the 17 year locusts. thats what all the noise is.

That’s a day and a half drive for us here-FL to MA! Not crickets but locusts. Ugh, at least we only have wasps!
Ma is Massachusetts, Maryland is Md. have you seen the killer wasps that are on the way. they behead honey bees and eat the rest, our honey bees have no defense, in Japan where they come from their honey bees swarm around the killer wasp a bee ball. they all start flapping their wings which takes the temperature up tp 150 degrees which fries the killer wasp.

Oh dear. My son would be so embarrassed for me. He’s a mad keen non-American! Have heard of these wasps. Don’t think we have them here but the honey bee solution sounds perfect-a super fast piece of evolution!

Reactions: RotorWash
T14 they can kill a human with one or two stings. if you have a streaming service like Roku Discovery+ has a documentary on the wasps. So far they think there was only one hive in the state of washington , they think it was it and killed the nest.:rolleyes:

RW you are welcome

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef