Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Western Australia

Great Nullabor cliffs shot Jay.
Excellent to strike it as still as that.

We did a big WA trip last June / July, Baxter Cliffs was awesome but it was blowing something like 30 knots offshore so I didn't dare run the Mavic Pro out more than a few metres, or up more than about a metre higher than the flat surrounds.

What part of the cliffs is that ? WA or SA ?

Great Nullabor cliffs shot Jay.
Excellent to strike it as still as that.

We did a big WA trip last June / July, Baxter Cliffs was awesome but it was blowing something like 30 knots offshore so I didn't dare run the Mavic Pro out more than a few metres, or up more than about a metre higher than the flat surrounds.

What part of the cliffs is that ? WA or SA ?
That was SA - just after Head of the Bight. If you look closely in the 3rd pic you can see our camper trailer and 4WD. It wasn’t too windy so I managed to get to 120m and 500m away. Furthest I’ve ever flown :)

Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
That was SA - just after Head of the Bight. If you look closely in the 3rd pic you can see our camper trailer and 4WD. It wasn’t too windy so I managed to get to 120m and 500m away. Furthest I’ve ever flown :)

Thought it looked like SA section . . .
Ah yes, I see you parked up there at the clifftop :)
Is that an Ultimate behind a Ranger ?

Did you go on through WA, if so where'd you go ?

I ended up doing Nuytlands coast to Esperance, then back to Cocklebiddy and right up the centre to the Canning at Well 33.
Then a big loop through Rudall River area, Newman, Karinjini, Marble Bar, then Uluru, Alice, Plenty to Winton, Brisvegas, home to Adelaide, a nice little 12,600km loop :)

Love driving.

Wow that is a big drive ! So I am Adelaide born and bred but have lived in Perth since 2006. It’s home now.

That is indeed an Ultimate - this trip is a delivery of sorts. Dad bought the camper new in 2005 and he’s “lending” it to me on an extended basis. So we put my car on the train the flew over to drive back this week.

Currently in Esperance, tomorrow Stirling Range then home Sat.

Reactions: SPark_South_Oz
Superb shots so well composed and full of interesting features. Rule of thirds applied masterfully. Well done you and Spark.

Reactions: JayP

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ariadef