Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What are metal contacts on base of Spark battery?

Londroner

Join
Sep 29, 2017
Loc
Surrey, UK
Forgive a newbie question but what are the four metal squares on the base of every Spark battery for? They look like charging contacts but none of the current charging methods for the Spark seem to use them. Just curious as they don't seem to have an obvious function.

They are charging contacts for a yet-to-be-released charging unit.

083101dfe2g66f2nawwc66.png

It's for this future charger that is not out yet.

Maybe just a prototype for now.

Attachments

• 20171012_173547.png
    20171012_173547.png
    629.5 KB · Views: 64
Unless it will charge the battery in just a few minutes then a pretty pointless unit and a total waist of money.
It takes seconds to swoop out a battery and with chargers that charge batteries all at once and power inverters to charge on site what would be the point except to make them more money.

A protective charge box you can just throw in your backpack and have it charge while you're walking will certainly appeal to some who wouldn't want to bother with battery packs, inverters and the like

Forgive a newbie question but what are the four metal squares on the base of every Spark battery for? They look like charging contacts but none of the current charging methods for the Spark seem to use them. Just curious as they don't seem to have an obvious function.
I wonder if this has been asked previously?
Hmmm... Now, let's try the search function....
4 GOLD Sqaures on battery bottom

What are the four pads (pins, connector) on the bottom of the battery?

Spark battery

Reactions: BRSS
I can see these being useful in an autonomous fleet application. Have a dozen Sparks that automatically return to charge after deployment. It would also make a useful show to attach lights and sensors.

A protective charge box you can just throw in your backpack and have it charge while you're walking will certainly appeal to some who wouldn't want to bother with battery packs, inverters and the like
A charge box will just add extra weight to your back pack. It would be much simpler to carry extra batteries

It's for this future charger that is not out yet.
Maybe just a prototype for now.
Just realised I'd already seen this charger without realising it. It was in one of DJI's own publicity videos for the Spark launch in New York. If you hadn't uploaded that image I wouldn't have ever known what it was!

Check out the video, the charger appears (very) briefly at 1:48min.

Reactions: Spark 317

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502