Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What do you carry your Spark in?

Lowepro CS80 for me. Like the small footprint and can shove it into any backpack, suitcase, etc. I initially had the Doubi case and it’s nice but wanted an even smaller footprint. The Lowepro holds everything (4xbatteries, controller, props, cords, battery 3 base), except the wall charger module. View attachment 5193View attachment 5194 View attachment 5195View attachment 5196
That looks pretty neat mate!
I take it this is the bag you are referring to, right? (LINK)

Do you recon it would fit the Spark on the portable charging station with the 2 extra batteries on it, together with the controller and an iPad mini? My main gripe with the portable charger pack is that it only holds the spark + batteries on the charger + the controller... no room for the iPad, which you then have to carry separately :-(

Get comfortable. It's story time.

I've had my spark for over a year and I have yet to purchase a case to carry the spark around. What I have is an old Hewlett / Packard laptop bag-pack that works fine for me so far.
I can leave the prop guards on the Spark, the mini4 installed on the tablet holder to the remote and slide everything in the top with the batteries on the bottom.
There are two other compartments that hold the tablet sun hood, filters, chargers, etc. all in one convenient carry bag that has your choice of carrying either by handle, shoulder strap, or backpack straps.
It's not crush or water proof but it is well padded and made of a heavy canvas material. I've sprayed 3M garment protectant on it so it's at least water resistant and I reinforced the inside with pieces of corrugated plastic yard sign material that gives the bag some structural integrity.

20180731_182417.jpg

But this is what I wanted to show you.
It is my new water tight and crush proof (sort of) Spark container. Although it's not approved for airline travel, it did cost less than $15. USD.

I call it my Bucket of Fun.

20180728_211938.jpg

I made this after a last minute invitation (room on the boat) to record some JetSki / PWC racers practice on a buoy course at the lake.
Uh-Oh...Boat=Water=Bad for transporting the Spark in my current bag.

20180731_184520.jpg

I started with 2" packing foam on the bottom with a recessed framed area to hold the batteries in its case that I refurbished from a small money till box.

20180728_195144.jpg

With the scare of lipo batteries catching fire in electronics all over the world last year, it was suggested to store batteries in a fire proof container just in case they spontaneously combust. This box fits 6 batteries perfectly with 1/2" foam top and bottom to keep them snug and a key to secure it. I never heard of a DJI Spark battery, or other DJI batteries spontaneously combust on their own, unless damaged from a previous flight?
Overkill or Overcool?

20180728_195444.jpg

I packed my iPad mini4 Flight Deck, remote, and Spark along with the miscellaneous stuff to fly with into the Fly More combo bag.

20180728_214106.jpg

There's room in the bucket for my Osmo mobile 2, mini tripod, Powerave power supply, and 2" of foam on top to keep things cozy.

20180728_175427.jpg

The screw on lid seals tight, keeping the items inside nice and dry. The lid also makes a great launch pad for the Spark.

20180728_195052.jpg

20180728_201905.jpg

Since I launch / land the Spark by hand most of the time, I figured the lid would also make a nice seat for the pilot as well.

July 31, 2018 80222 PM EDT.png

Thank you for taking the time to read about my impromptu hanger in a bucket.

Oh yeah, remember when this project started because of a boat ride?

There are too many stories of accidental drownings while enjoying a day on the water, so that's why I have a PFD (life jacket) and the Spark has one as well. Safety First!

20180728_200913.jpg

It's an old one I that I wore and the brand name of the vest is JetPilot .
Close enough to Spark Pilot for me.

Fly Safe.

Lol I'm loving all these giant not-so-portabke carry solutions for the oh so portable Spark! That said, I really can't say anything, because while I don't have one big container, I have several small ones!

I have found lately that each of the cases I have serves a different purpose:

Hard foam case that it came in: great for tossing in a backpack or duffel, where things might get squished.

FlyMore bag: really great for day trips actually. Doesn't look like anything, so it doesn't draw attention. Easy access to drone, controller and batteries.

My hard box: best and most compact for storage. Also good in the car or bike when I want to bring everything (all batteries, charger, etc).

Yeah, I have a thing for bags. They are just so abundant and cheap on AliExpress!

the Spark is a small drone why put it in a large case .i bought the Spark for it's size and easy to take with me . the only thing that i don't carry in the fly more case is the batteries i place my LI PO batteries in a LI PO bag .

I agree. It's not so much the Spark, it's all the goodies that may go along with it.

The Fly More Bag is actually nice and fits in my watercraft inside a waterproof bag along with the batteries if that's all I'm taking.

Yeah, I have a thing for bags.

As do I.

You can't buy one of those H/P bags that I have today and I never threw that one (or others like it) away because they can always be repurposed in the future for something.

Reactions: suprPHREAK
I just got this one from Amazon for only $35. It's a small backpack so I can toss it anywhere but it fits everything. I can get my prop guards, iPad Mini sun shade, multiple sets of extra props, Polar Pro filters, landing pad, remote control, iPad Mini, adapter for the iPad for the remote, plus the Spark in it's hardshell case with three batteries and a battery clip inside. It's got nice padding to protect everything too. Really really happy with it, at first I thought it was going to be too small but I got everything in there that I wanted with a smidgen of room to spare.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B077H4RN8P/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_4787.JPG

iPad Mini sunshade and three extra sets of props in the front pocket.
IMG_4789.JPG

Small top pocket (that's actually fairly deep) to put thin stuff in.
IMG_4790.JPG

Side pockets each fit two prop guards.
IMG_4800.JPG

FAA card/literature and Polar Pro filters in the top pockets, Spark goodies in the bottom. I like that I can put the whole hardshell case in there for extra protection of the Spark/batteries, iPad adapter sits nicely on top of it. This is the only solution I found that would house the iPad adapter for the remote.
IMG_4801.JPG IMG_4802.jpg IMG_4803.JPG

iPad Mini and landing pad fit nicely under the hardshell case.
IMG_4805.jpg

Reactions: Paul215
I modified a basic waterproof, dust proof, pluck foam case from Harbor Freight. Put a rechargeable LED light for when I night fly. And a strap to hold my tablet. Designed a little exterior helipad on case top using colored tape. Might prefer the molded foam for the SPARK others show but this works for now. Does anyone sell just the fly more molded foam insert without the case itself - since I already have a good case?

received_2327918557453283.jpegreceived_1993974227576654.jpeg

Reactions: Jana
I might order the larger model that holds the charger and prop guards but for now this works pretty well:

wpKo9Vvh.jpg

Does anyone sell just the fly more molded foam insert without the case itself -

Here's a site for a Pelican case.

Here's a site for the foam insert for my new case I just acquired recently. The Nanuk 915 .

Thanks to cxwrench showing his Nanuk 905 case, it inspired me to purchase the Nanuk 915 Fly More Case.

The inserts may be a little smaller compared to the Harbour Freight case but with some fudging, it may work for you.

Here is a picture of my Nanuk 915 foam insert sitting inside my Harbor Freight case.(17"w x 12"d x 3 5"t, not including the lid space, +1.5".) interior dimensions.

IMG_20190316_151810118~2.jpg

It's centered with about 1.25" on the sides with plenty of room in the lid.

I modified the case insert a bit to accommodate the nine batteries that I have.
The actual insert holds 4 plus 1 on the Spark.

Last edited:
I modified a basic waterproof, dust proof, pluck foam case from Harbor Freight... Does anyone sell just the fly more molded foam insert without the case itself - since I already have a good case?

I found this site whilst doing research today about cases, filters, etc... they sell molded foam inserts for drones: spark*

hopefully that helps you out.
cheers

Reactions: Heckmaniac
Hi All,

I bought myself a case similar to the one below. The Spark basically sits on a thin, flat layer of foam on the bottom. My question - do I need a gimbal protector/cover to keep the gimbal from moving around when transporting? Will it move around at all, or at least to an extend where it might cause damage? I am not talking about throwing the case around, just when driving around with it in your car's trunk for instance.

Your comments welcome. Thank you.alu-hardsell-carry-case-for-dji-spark-drone-xtremexccessories-xtreme-xccessories-hardware-tool...jpg

Reactions: BossOlive
I found this mavic case that I don't use any more and fit perfectly with the remote control in.IMG_20190313_185158.jpegIMG_20190313_184922.jpegIMG_20190313_184909.jpeg

do I need a gimbal protector/cover to keep the gimbal from moving around when transporting?

Highly recommend that you get one.

Even if the Spark is sitting on a shelf. ?

Highly recommend that you get one.

Even if the Spark is sitting on a shelf. ?
Thank you for the reply. I have one of those sunshade ones that does provide protection against direct bumps. My concern however is physical movement of the gimbal. So you think I should get one that prevents movement even when in the case?

I like to bring it on my back..
Out with the landing-pad and drop my *** right on that big "H"!
Startup...launch..smile ;-)

Thank you for the reply. I have one of those sunshade ones that does provide protection against direct bumps. My concern however is physical movement of the gimbal. So you think I should get one that prevents movement even when in the case?

Yes.

They are an inexpensive must have to protect the gimbal.

Would hate to have it snag on something and rip the camera out of the Spark when removing the case.
Plus it keeps it from flopping around during transport.

I've had bad experience with sunshade in moderate to high wind conditions.
Craft rotates 90 degrees and back on occasions. This will ruin your video, obviously.
I do not intend to use it again.

Edit: had a re-read.. definitely get a proper gimbal protector. Big advantage, low cost

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit