Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What do you think about the Mini 2?

ricke

Join
Jul 22, 2020
I was pretty exciting about the capabilities of the new DJI Mini 2. Brimming with features and what battery life and remote range. I am concerned that there are no collision protection built in. As one with a few too many crashes under my belt I need more protection, but it is super compelling!

Reactions: SoccerRef12
The only appealing features of the MM2 to me is the flight time and Ocusync. Other than those things, the lack of collision sensors and the bulky remote with less features will keep me flying my Spark instead.

Reactions: Spark 317
I watched flytpath review and there's hardly any difference on wind resistance between MM 1 or 2, a 3mph difference is nothing. It would be nice to have the occusync but I don't really fly the MM more than a mile. I have an MA2 to handle those situations. I think I'll hang on to my MM1.

The only appealing features of the MM2 to me is the flight time and Ocusync. Other than those things, the lack of collision sensors and the bulky remote with less features will keep me flying my Spark instead.
Those are good points. I feel like DJI keeps dancing around inventing new niche drones that tease at a full solution. I wish we had something like Spark, that has the new 4K, trick shot features, longer wireless range and battery life and a collision detector for every direction. I already have been impressed for some time about how well Spark flies in strong wind.

Reactions: graywoulf
I honestly don't like the foldable legs. One of the reasons I use the spark a lot compared to my other drones is the fact that I can have it in the air very quickly. Turn it on, a quick check, and you are up and out.

Id also rather have a compact drone +249 grams if it had similar features to the mini 2 but more rugged.

If my Spark had more flight time and Occusync I would've kept it. As mentioned above I do like the one solid frame. But the Mini 2 is amazing, with stronger wind resistance, Occucync, a 4X longer range, a new controller just like the Air 2, it is quite the drone, quick, nimble and stable.

I wanted a Mini 2 cos it's better in all aspect comparing to Spark (ocusync, battery life and wind resistance) but there is one dealbreaker: Litchi. I will happily fly my Spark until DJI releases some SDK which supports waypoints.

Reactions: AirCam
I wanted a Mini 2 cos it's better in all aspect comparing to Spark (ocusync, battery life and wind resistance) but there is one dealbreaker: Litchi. I will happily fly my Spark until DJI releases some SDK which supports waypoints.
I have Spark and now Mini 2. I really want waypoint action.

I do miss the the sparks sensors to avoid things. Occusync really is super nice. But you really have to be careful flying near things cause no sensors to save you. 4k eats memory like a light snack. Bigger memory card a necessity. It's super quiet on startup and gets louder on launch. It's never really too loud, but curiously I can hear it even when it's quite high.

I've owned none of the Mavics so this is new to me. Like the cinematic mode. Drone is fast, if you need that.

It won't make filming more artistic -- still have to learn that. No complaints about the controller. It will hold a mini Ipad adding two rubber bands to the holder for normal phones which is built in. But I just bought a cheap large screen Blu phone V90 to use as my screen 99 percent of the time. Very nice pictures and onscreen live video.

With these batteries, I feel a little more relaxed about wasting time as I may still make different plans about what shot I might want in the air.

That's about it. I think.

I have a P4P and Spark, just added the Mini 2 to my collection and it's awesome.

I love the spark for its simplicity, front obstacle avoidance, and it's a tank in the wind for a small quad.

The Mini 2's occusync is fantastic, the connection is solid, probably as good or even better than my P4P. Good in the wind, but sends warnings constantly, didn't have a problem flying against the wind with 26mph gust. Super quiet, doesn't draw negative attention like the Phantom. Long flight time... It's small and discrete, most people think it's a toy, so this works for me. Doesn't have features like the bigger drones, but this does a great job.

Reactions: RotorWash
I have a P4P and Spark, just added the Mini 2 to my collection and it's awesome.

I love the spark for its simplicity, front obstacle avoidance, and it's a tank in the wind for a small quad.

The Mini 2's occusync is fantastic, the connection is solid, probably as good or even better than my P4P. Good in the wind, but sends warnings constantly, didn't have a problem flying against the wind with 26mph gust. Super quiet, doesn't draw negative attention like the Phantom. Long flight time... It's small and discrete, most people think it's a toy, so this works for me. Doesn't have features like the bigger drones, but this does a great job.
Yeah, the only thing I would warn someone about is if you're used to flying a drone like the Spark with its lateral sensor, is you don't have that luxury of depending on the sensor if you do make a mistake. There's no secondary defense if you miss something or calculate as it will run right into something. Unless you've spent time flying sensorless drones I suggest you be a little more careful if you're transfering from the Spark even if you're a fairly experienced with the Spark.

If you want to see what impressed me about the 2 with occusync check out the night flying video of Ken Heron on youtube.

Okay I think that's my last comment on this!

All the love to my Spark, still.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef