Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

What is the Highest in Altitude have you taken Mr. Spark?

I've had mine up to 7900 feet. But then I live at 7500 feet. Yes, I always stay at 400 feet or below - always have. Just don't see any need to go any higher.

Rule #2 under 336 "kinda" says differently. I hate how vauge these rules are sometimes.

"(2) the aircraft is operated in accordance with a community-
based set of safety guidelines and within the programming
of a nationwide community-based organization"

I think it is generally accepted that the FAA is referring to the AMA, and that is where the 400 ft. "rule" comes from. Again, it's quite vauge and nowhere in the law does it directly mention a height limit. Also on the FAA's own website it calls things "drone safety tips" which doesn't clarify anything either.

That said, I'll be sticking with a 400 ft. ceiling, but won't bash anyone who goes above it.

theres loop holes.. just like the no flying in state parks.. it says you cant take -off or land in state park...( didnt say anything about flying over them... )

Reactions: brycep
I have not gone over the 400' limit. The problem as I see it, the drone community is not well liked by many people. If we keep doing things that could possibly endanger air crafts by flying over that limit, that just gives them another reason to dislike drones even more.

If we aren't careful, more stringent regulations will be set upon us that will take away more of our freedoms.

166,9 ft will not go above 400 ft, I'm on a yellow zone so I have to agree and keep my word, also when I called the tower was told no higher than 400 ft and 1 mile distance. so I am limited to 400 feet no higher just sticking to the rules.

Your right there is really no laws for us BUTT.. 400 feet is a good number we should just stay under it. I to bend the Vlos rule to but I do it miles out where if it falls it hits the dirt and will not harm anything. I really don't see a problem with it if do it like that.. But stay under 400 feet... There are Big corporations trying to take it from us as we speak..

Reactions: Hddeuce03
My spark has been rock solid with the RC. I love this little bird..and I use android and OTG and WiFi solid..

Went to 320 feet today. It’s my first time past 150 feet. The view was spectacular!! I’m going to 400 tomorrow morning just to say I did it lol.

Theres way too many things to consider for someone to say whats safe for everyone else, Theres parts of Phoenix where i could just about throw a rock and hit a Commercial Airplane as its coming in, but if I drive 45 min north I might not see another aircraft for hours, i think the FAA suggests those AMA rules to keep A holes from ruining it for everyone when they decide to take their drone up to get portraits of passengers aboard 747 through the window "say cheese". But theyre A-holes, so they dont care about those suggestions anyway, so were the only ones that rack our brains trying to walk the red tape in the end. I say learn as much as you can to cover your butt, use your best judgement to make the call, and be prepared to not only accept the rewards, but to own the consequences as well, and have fun pushing it to the limit.

... but dont quote me on this.

Like this guy?

The point is don't post rubbish fake news...

Sure I get it,
So let's agree that my intention was to reply to ZPFunks comment "FAA suggests those AMA rules to keep A holes from ruining it for everyone when they decide to take their drone up to get portraits of passengers aboard 747 through the window "say cheese". But theyre A-holes"

And I did not perform a thorough fraud check on what I was posting.

Now can we get back to the point of the original comment I was replying to about idiots flying drones in an unsafe manner that may put peoples lives in danger. As I assume you don't believe all these reports are "Fake"?

If so here is a quick one from 2015 (BTW I checked it and its not fake):
New Drone Study Finds 327 'Close Encounters' With Manned Aircraft

Or here is a more recent one from:
Analysis of New Drone Incident Reports
Again Scoped it and not fake.

So now that that is cleared up, what say you? Should people be allowed to fly their drones in this manner ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme