Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

When can you consider the spark old ?

karl

Join
Dec 23, 2018
I have lately been thinking when a dji spark is considered old and when it might be time to buy a new one. There are obviously a few variables to consider! Are 260 flights with a total flight time of 23 hours alot for such a drone?

Please give your opinion on what an hold spark is mostly according to its flight records?

Thanks [emoji16]

I purchased the Spark in July 2017.

61 hours, 631 flights according to my mini4.
42 hours, 484 flights according to my Androids.

I've tried syncing up my flight logs but it fails sometimes so I'm not sure if it's 61 hours or 103?

Anyway, I'm up to nine batteries and the Spark still spins up everytime.

So far so good. :)

Well, I've got that issue covered.:) I waited until the price was down and bought a second one. I broke it in and now it's in storage as a backup. lol
I love the concept of a small rugged, low on noise, inexpensive solution to flying. I will probably be gripping it when I die..lol

Cheers

Well, I've got that issue covered.:) I waited until the price was down and bought a second one. I broke it in and now it's in storage as a backup. lol
I love the concept of a small rugged, low on noise, inexpensive solution to flying. I will probably be gripping it when I die..lol

Cheers

I've been thinking about purchasing another one too since the price has dropped.

Good deals in the classified section as well. :)

Reactions: karl
I've been thinking about purchasing another one too since the price has dropped.

Good deals in the classified section as well. :)
Very cool! Yep, no sense worrying about it, just buy a second one. in my case Dawn I and now Dawn II.

Not really counting or putting attention about how many flights I have on my Spark.
Until I crashed or lost it into the unknown then maybe it’s time to get a new one and moved on.
On the other hand, the spark motors or batteries will never last forever and the option of replacing them is a personal choice.

Last edited:
171 flights and 20 hrs 11mins-purchased in Florida May 2018. Don’t count the below 3 min flights. So a good service record but the old Gimbal Motor Overload warning is getting very boring! Perhaps another one sometime but will keep going for a while longer, in part to see if something new appears from dji. I know the experts say there’s nothing on the horizon but will see how it goes. Great post by the way. Got us all going, well done.

I would suggest that when it is no longer doing the job you bought it for either through crashing or you need something better, or component failure. I have a 3 Pro and a 4 Pro and I wold not get rid of my Spark ever. A great little craft for just havig a blast without the formalities of flying Phantoms.

I just love mine. Truly the best piece of Photography Gear that I've bought in a long time. I take ours everywhere and on every trip. It's just so portable and so much fun. I think i'll have mine for a long time. Just bought some ND filters for it the other day to sharpen up the image quality. I kinda wished I bought the polarizers too but, in talking to my photo expert he says they can be hit and miss.

I just love mine. Truly the best piece of Photography Gear that I've bought in a long time. I take ours everywhere and on every trip. It's just so portable and so much fun. I think i'll have mine for a long time. Just bought some ND filters for it the other day to sharpen up the image quality. I kinda wished I bought the polarizers too but, in talking to my photo expert he says they can be hit and miss.
this discussion confirms that I ordered a good drone. thank you
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme