Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

When to Quit Beginner Mode ??

SLSSB

Join
Jan 15, 2019
I do have some mini quad-copter experience and had only 2 flights in spark ,
i feel i can go ahead with flight modes ,what you guys say ??

Welcome!

Open area, go for it!
Burn a battery or two.
Get some height, switch on "Sport" on the remote.
Bring it in without "Sport".
Enjoy!

Keep in mind that stopping distances are drastically reduced in Beginner Mode. When you release the joystick in P-mode (regular) the drone travels quite a ways before hovering. I quit Beginner Mode after just a few batteries and never looked back.

Tripod Mode is another option if you want progress in small steps. It allows much greater range and altitude than BM.

I'd suggested you wait until you've mastered P-mode before attempting Sport Mode because the Spark behaves as a totally different aircraft. The speed is exhilarating but you need to have an abundance of caution -- and lots of braking distance. And the Obstacle Avoidance sensor doesn't work in Sport Mode -- that alone has killed a few drones.

You will get there in time -- I hope you enjoy the journey!

Reactions: Arabak58 and SLSSB
Outside in an open area. Go for it. If you get in trouble let go of the control sticks. It will stop and hover. If you still feel threatened push the return home button ( be sure to set up RTH options befor flying).

I stayed in beginner mode for about 30 seconds :) With having atti-mode experience you are well ahead of many who only have flown in GPS lock.

My first flight started in beginner mode and then I found that my Spark was not maneuvering well against the wind. I let it hover while I switched off beginner mode so it could fly back to me while flying into the wind. Beginner mode is a good thing for the first flight or two depending on prior flying experience and of course, wind conditions.

Spark is a pretty big investment for a beginner drone. My vote is you don't switch until you have a very good understanding of the majority of the settings in the App like RTH, and understand battery monitoring, GPS, compass, etc. I was on my 10 or 12th flight before I switched to Sport. What a huge difference and wow what a rush!

Reactions: graywoulf

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dayanadiast