Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Where can I buy a gimbal cable? Help please. Impossible to find

arrowup

Join
Oct 24, 2017
Hey all,
This is my first post and I hope I am in the right place.

My DJI Spark flew into a tree (my fault) and the front got caught up on some branches as it fell, damaging the gimbal cable (see pictures)

The camera cable is totally fine, and I can find plenty of replacement camera cables, but no gimbal cable replacements anywhere.

Does anyone know where I can buy one?
Or have a broken drone, which they are breaking for spares?

Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_5728.JPG
    IMG_5728.JPG
    323.4 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_5732.JPG
    IMG_5732.JPG
    549.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5733.JPG
    IMG_5733.JPG
    633 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_5734.JPG
    IMG_5734.JPG
    577.2 KB · Views: 64
You can buy that cable here on Amazon or here on eBay.

Thanks for the reply,
But sadly this is the camera cable. The Gimbal connector is as per my pictures with a totally different connector on both ends.

The links you have sent are for the camera signal cable only.

The gimbal one is almost impossible to find which I do not understand why.

Is that cable easy to remove? If so, you could buy a new camera, harvest that cable, and sell what's left for parts. Or replace your camera and sell the old camera for parts. If those options don't appeal to you, then try contacting some repair shops to see if they have any left over from previous repairs.

Is that cable easy to remove? If so, you could buy a new camera, harvest that cable, and sell what's left for parts. Or replace your camera and sell the old camera for parts. If those options don't appeal to you, then try contacting some repair shops to see if they have any left over from previous repairs.

Thanks for your reply

It was a bit of a pain to remove as its braided to the camera cable in the from factory design, hence the reason I am baffled as to why they just sell the camera signal cable.

I could buy a new camera, but they are around £150 (im in the UK) and I have no idea what I could then sell a camera with no cable for.

I have spoken to 7 repair shops and all refused to sell the cable, stating they can only sell to professional drone repair agents authorised by DJI.

On all my previous drones, spares have been easy to find and source. But it appears DJI is locking down the doors on spares for the Spark.

Its very frustrating!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none