Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Spark Help Needed please

regardtnaude

Join
Jun 6, 2019
Hi dear reader, I need some urgent help regarding my second hand bought DJI Spark. I'm questioning the legitimacy of the seller after all these errors and breakages on my drone recently.

I bought it from someone that told me it only needs a new PDB and that he salvaged it for another Spark he owns.

Very excited I bought it at a "your one time only, never to be repeated" bargain price of $22 - but that was the only fun part about the deal since then.

It didn't come with a battery so I bought one online and also a new PDB. After carefully installing the new frame and pdb and desoldering esc's and motors and reassembling, I started up the drone but to my dismay it flashed quickly 2 red, then yellow and green quickly and then solid red - no wifi or usb connectivity at all!

I inspected closely on the motherboard to find the IMU connector broken 1 pin off. I removed the cable and restarted and now the lights kept flashing quickly red, yellow, green...perpetually.

Does anyone have any idea where to start to find some kind of fault beside the IMU plug? My common sense tells me that a malfunctioning IMU cable or unit will definitely prohibit any start up.

I already sent it for repairs but the person on the other side found that with a new motherboard, the drone's gimbal doesn't move.

I can buy a new Spark for $42. Will repair cost more than a new drone?

Reactions: tmarez
Buy a new Spark for 42 dollars? Where??

Guess you took a risk buying an incomplete Spark, you were unlucky and think you’ve lost your money...

you could have bought one more and had a nice set of book ends..but I'm happy to hear you are moving on ..and i'm sorry for your bad luck

Reactions: regardtnaude
Buy a new Spark for 42 dollars? Where??

Guess you took a risk buying an incomplete Spark, you were unlucky and think you’ve lost your money...
hes telling you 42 dollars because he hopes someone can sell him on here the repair part for 42 bucks lol.... so hes seeking a handout basically..... get the whole board man its like 80 bucks on ebay includes the imu

hes telling you 42 dollars because he hopes someone can sell him on here the repair part for 42 bucks lol.... so hes seeking a handout basically..... get the whole board man its like 80 bucks on ebay includes the imu
No it was really a typing mistake. It was meant to be $420. Sorry. Thanks for the advise, I saw them on Ebay.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme