Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Where (edited by Moderator) can I fly in the UK !!!

Unfortunately, just using common sense and flying where you want isn't a responsible policy and will only result in more restrictions. For example you can't fly on any National Trust land or on any Sites or Special Scientific Interest (SSSIs). Depending on where you are you may find that the SSSI restriction blocks out enormous areas. Plus wherever you are you need to have landowners permission to take off and land. It's a tricky problem but there's enough sky up there if the community use it responsibly.

If you follow the UK Drone code and DJI NO FLY ZONES you can't go wrong.I was in my local park flying within all limits and as soon as a person with a dog gets near I either move the Spark away or land till they go by.Many have thanked me for being so considerate towards their pooch.Those that have made negative comments I have just started that I am flying within the code.

Reactions: Asset4air
I'm a new Spark user from the south of the UK, and to be honest I've had nothing but interest shown by passers by! The Spark is the size of a toy, but when people see just how rock steady it is when it's hovering and how controllable it is in flight they stop and watch with interest. I've had chats with dog walkers aplenty when flying it on open ground, and just two days ago I took it to a churchyard in my lunch break to practice doing a rising up the tower type shot and several people stopped to watch. I've had no hostility from anyone.

I think people's fear (rightly so) is of a) intrusive big drones invading their privacy and b) small toy grade ones you can't fly properly going out of control and causing injury. Let's face it, a kid in an open space buzzing something uncontrollably around with no thought for anyone else is a problem.

As long as you show you are flying sensibly within the drone code and respecting privacy I think you can have some great fun with it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme