Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Where to fly in chicago

Join
May 8, 2018
I'm in Chicago for the day from Indiana brought the spark but not sure where to fly any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Hello from the Hoosier Heartland, Cody j Waldron.

If you don't have it already, get the AirMap app from the app store and check the area you are currently in.

Welcome to the Forum. :cool:

I'm from downtown Chicago and you can get away flying anywhere as long as you do it smart and don't draw attention to your self I was flying last night at sunset at Buckingham fountain and a cop was park less than a 100ft from me and he had no idea. As for areas Grant park which is where the Buckingham fountain is Millenium Park which is where the Bean is and the band shelter and Maggie Daley Park which has the ribbon and the climbing wall all three of those Parks have the best views of the skyline and are all next to each other. if you go out at Sunrise is your best bet nobody is out and about and therefore no one is there to say anything to you. Navy Pier security is on point for drones and I have been asked to leave multiple times anytime someone has asked me to leave it wasn't a big deal I said okay no problem landed it and walked away I'm sure if you put up a fight then things will be worse for you good luck and enjoy the beautiful city

Superb shot! Love it!
Not sure about the yellow circles.
Oh wait... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502