Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Which is more demanding on your mobile hardware?

Northwood Mediaworks

Former Spark & Mavic Air 2 Flyer
Premium Pilot
Join
Jan 15, 2018
Loc
Northern Ontario, Canada
Web
northwoodmediaworks.com
Is it Litchi or Go4? I am on the edge of shelling out for Litchi, and am curious about how well litchi operates on older phones and tablets. I have both iOS and Android devices laying around, and am wondering which way to spend my money, AppStore or Play.... I know that Go4 is a stretch on my old Android tablet, but it does actually work (GalaxyTab 4), is Litchi more or less forgiving?

I'm probably stuck with purchasing both when the time comes.

Litchi is not too expensive to buy it twice and that way all the devices are good to go.

I've flown with DJI Go 4 on a galaxy s7 as well as s6, and Litchi on my s7. I have DJI Go4 & Litchi installed on an old galaxy S5, but haven't tried to fly yet. I will say that DJI Go 4 sucks the battery down pretty good, and gets the phone very warm, seems more taxing on the hardware, but could just be my phone.

Lichi?? I purchased it for 1 reason, snap in my Samsung and VR through the clouds, unfortunately, since then every time i went back to see if anything changed, ive confirmed time again its by far the worse app and have no idea how it got so popular.....IT LAGSSSSSS all the time, ive never had a smooth flight, no OTG, no pop up guide to explain all the functionality, loses signal a few hundred feet, why use it? I might be doing it wrong as well, i dont know you guys tell me, but since installing DJI Go 4 MOD i get a range that was already ghreat to beating out a Mavic air, all the AI functionality is there if i want, and OTG makes it a smooth experience to a few KM away. This was over 2 gens of Note, 8 and 9 and 3 gens of S, S7 edge, S8 plus and s9...all top of the line in terms of power, so being taxed to a point the phone becomes the bottleneck never happened, the app is always the bottleneck

Just to give you an idea, Litchi works fine on my Moto E4 Plus which is not a flagship device by any means. Specs below.
Chipset: Mediatek MT6737 (28 nm)
CPU: Quad-core 1.3 GHz Cortex-A53
GPU: Mali-T720
Memory: 3 GB RAM, 32GB internal memory

Also worth mentioning that OTG works fine for me on Litchi. Litchi may not have the best UI as compared to Go4 and the live feed is a bit laggy too but features like waypoints, orbit, course lock and home lock make it quite popular.

I find Go 4 crashes randomly. I have used it on my phone, and purchased a tablet dedicated to the drone. The phone had several crashes, so I got a tablet - a Huawei P5 10. Octa core with good memory and it randomly crashed the other night whilst in flight. Reconnected OK, but worrying especially as I was fairly close to trees.

On the other hand, I use Litchi with an OTG cable and whatever device I have used not one single crash - ever.

Lichi?? I purchased it for 1 reason, snap in my Samsung and VR through the clouds, unfortunately, since then every time i went back to see if anything changed, ive confirmed time again its by far the worse app and have no idea how it got so popular.....IT LAGSSSSSS all the time, ive never had a smooth flight, no OTG, no pop up guide to explain all the functionality, loses signal a few hundred feet, why use it? I might be doing it wrong as well, i dont know you guys tell me, but since installing DJI Go 4 MOD i get a range that was already ghreat to beating out a Mavic air, all the AI functionality is there if i want, and OTG makes it a smooth experience to a few KM away. This was over 2 gens of Note, 8 and 9 and 3 gens of S, S7 edge, S8 plus and s9...all top of the line in terms of power, so being taxed to a point the phone becomes the bottleneck never happened, the app is always the bottleneck
I,ve been using litchi becuase i didn,t know there was another app that could do waypoint it has been good until i lost my spark and mavic both on the same mission and wanted to know about the mod app seems you something about it ! care refresh told me to go u know where becuase i was using litchi

I was checking Go 4 out i ran a little over 200 miles on litchi at around 8 to 9 miles per hour and a guy could do more with litchi but the waypoint program on Go 4 there is no way i could lay out my flights at night and be able to see in 3d guess i need to find a drone insurance that will help me recover the cost of loss it only takes one bad incident to pit a guy out of business care refresh don,t work for fly aways

Use litchi all the time have it setup as default app for flying . it`s so nice to use love being able to sit at my computer desk and do flight plans on a big screen instead of tablet or phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers