Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Why did you purchase your "Spark"

Why did you buy the Spark?

• Size

Votes: 61 81.3%
  • Use of pilot visual que for control

Votes: 8 10.7%
  • Price

Votes: 24 32.0%
  • Color choices

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Simplicity of Camera (2 axis)

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Ease of use

Votes: 17 22.7%
  • Optional control by phone, tablet or Spark Controller

Votes: 10 13.3%

• Total voters
This is my first drone & the main things I was interested in was size, ease of use, picture/video quality, flight distance & flight time. I nearly got the Mavic Pro but cost, slightly larger size, tap to focus issues turned me away. My main concern from the Spark are flight time. When mine arrives in a few weeks I'll see if I made the right decision.

I bought the Spark because I tend to buy every new techie gadget on the market
You should make that a choice. I ordered it because of that plus I travel for work a lot, flying the Spark around the hotel would be easier than flying my Mavic.

I'm an old guy and I'm trying to spend all my money before I die. I can afford to lose it in $500 chunks.
In the immortal words of Bette Davis 'Gettin old ain't fer sissies!'

"The best camera is the one you've got with you". The size of the Spark swung it for me. I can easily throw it in the bag for any trip (business/pleasure). Also, you don't look like such an asshat on the beach taking vids of the kids.

Professionally I bought it because I needed to make sure it worked with our app, Dragonfly. But, personally I bought it because I wanted to see how close they had come to making a true consumer drone that isn't a toy or priced out of the market. I bucket them into 3 categories: A) Fits in your pocket; B) Fits in your backpack; C) Needs its own backpack. Sadly it is still in B with the Mavic Pro but getting closer! :)

I bought the Spark because I tend to buy every new techie gadget on the market
Same here! You should add that as a choice.

Because I buy every "techie gadget" on the market, regardless of whether or not I need it.;)

I wanted a very small camera platform without having to piece one together. The Spark answered that question hands down. If I parted out the equipment to match the Spark I would be over the asking price of the Spark. Easy decision. Can't take the S900 everywhere. Besides the Spark is fun to fly, hand gestures make people think you are using magic to control it...

Smaller than a Phantom, can be packed in small bag, descent camera and reliable GPS operation. It replace my Hubsan H501 that was not worth the money, where the Spark is more expensive but worth the money.

Hi Dronason, same here. My spark just performs day in and day out. I take it almost everywhere bc it is so portable.

Simply the size; incredible copter that offers superb technology it's size ! :D Easy to travel and capture great footage on ' the fly '.

Im a mavic owner and when I saw a spark in person I thought it was awesome. I actually had gone to check out the dji goggles and came out of there wanting a spark. I liked the size and that its geared towards the "selfie" crowd. I get my spark in a few days so time will tell if this is something I'll like. My mavic could become the take with me when I want awesome video while the spark is the play in the backward and take quick social media pics.

Size and price... I have a P2 which is ok but too big. I used a Mavic a few times, great drone, but since I mostly use drones from a boat I'm reluctant to risk $1000 on a regular basis. Figured the spark will do pretty much the same job for half the risk. :)

Size and price... I have a P2 which is ok but too big. I used a Mavic a few times, great drone, but since I mostly use drones from a boat I'm reluctant to risk $1000 on a regular basis. Figured the spark will do pretty much the same job for half the risk. :)
How is the spark with the wind being over the water? I flew my mavic in San Francisco tbid past weekend and pretty much had to keep it in sport mode especially against the wind.

How is the spark with the wind being over the water? I flew my mavic in San Francisco tbid past weekend and pretty much had to keep it in sport mode especially against the wind.

It's fine...not much difference with the Mavic or the P2. I ve flown it up to 15 kts or so. The app pops an annoying warning about wind velocity but it's pretty stable. To go against the wind, indeed you need sportsmode

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit