Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Why is the Spark even sold in CE territories?

Tbh the range is not that much of an issue for me, I would happily settle for 350-400 mtrs if I had constant connection with my drone, all this signal "dropping" in and out really worries me about crashing or flyaways, like yesterdays crash heading towards the trees lost connection and BAM! down she came

I am a new Spark user from Hungary therefore I am also be affected by the CE restrictions. In CE mode I could get around 330m in distance in rural area with no interference using OTG and the corresponding earlier DJI Go 4 app. After I changed to FCC mode (still with the earlier app and OTG) I could fly for 1.1 km at the same place as before and on an other rural location as well. As an experiment today morning I was using the latest DJI Go4 version and wifi connection b/w the phone (Android) and the RC. Interestingly I could fly for 1.4 km in distance but signal dropouts and warnings were much more frequent comparing to the OTG setup and when the signal was lost at the end the behaviour of the setup was much more scary comparing to the OTG setup.
To me personaly the extra distance doesn't compensate for the unstable behaviour so I am going back to the earlier app version and OTG setup.

Reactions: Leskent

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoeFolk502