Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Wi-Fi vs OTG

what the heck, i Just posted about OTG in another area "?"

Seems questions and threads covering same topics are Everywhere..

i myself use Cable Creation OTG, much less wire all over and 1 less connection as to standard otg
View attachment 1311

Ebay..
Yea - I'm going to start another one called 'Wi-Fi v OTG' - can't be too many of those threads. :eek:

I have used OTG ever since I got my Mavic and it solved my dropped connections. Same for my Spark, also am flying in airplane mode on tablet and running version 0400 FW without issue. Someone mentioned no signal strength function, but it is a 'wired' connection not WiFi, so signal isn't relevant. Using an adapter and cable but soon to be replaced with a single cable for my iPad from djicables - Angle Apple USB Lightning cables for DJI Mavic Pro Phantom and Spark
The signal strength indication is of coarse the one between the RC and the Spark, not phone to RC, so it matter and you cannot change the wifi band. Currently it remains the last limitations for android (band and signal level). For IOS device the list is longer.

signal strength indication is of coarse the one between the RC and the Spark
Sorry, yes you are correct. So then the question becomes does video dropout before the RC control? If so then the video signal now becomes the limiting factor or 'meter'. I don't think anyone is using Spark for long range flights so might be a moot point. I use Mavic or my modified Solo for longer range flights, the Spark, at least for me stays in visual range most of the time anyway.

Yes Spark is far from designed for long range. Usually first the video is lagging but quickly the control is also lost. The signal level is not that much useful.

I too have a huge problem with the otg. So, I just fly LOS and not s often as that is boring. I only fly in the boonies.
Same here. The battery life is so short you just want to get it in the air and if you fly out of LOS it's time to come home anyway. I probably should fly it more to justify the cost plus 4 batteries but I also live in the boonies so to speak and I've seen it all with the Mavic which has a 6 mile range (round trip) so it usually Litchi missions and watching the nearby prison outside of the no-fly zone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bornzero2none