Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Will DJI Spark be the Catalyst for Total Market Domination?

I'd really like to see more competition but I'm afraid it may correct, at least for the short term. They seem to be far ahead and moving too quickly for any new entrant to catch up. It'll take some major technology shift for someone to jump ahead.

Great article by DroneLife. Seems that DJI's own number is may be a little high. Slightly unclear as to whether Colin Snow's numbers in the article are worldwide or just NA.

DJI Market Share.jpeg

Reactions: dirkclod
I agree that some more competition would be ideal, but unfortunately DJI has just too much of a head-start in this industry and others are lagging way behind. It would probably take a company such as Microsoft or Apple to go "all in" and develop a new platform in order to compete with DJI. GoPro has tried, but apart form the battery issue I don't think they have enough resources & cash to dedicate.

I agree that some more competition would be ideal, but unfortunately DJI has just too much of a head-start in this industry and others are lagging way behind. It would probably take a company such as Microsoft or Apple to go "all in" and develop a new platform in order to compete with DJI. GoPro has tried, but apart form the battery issue I don't think they have enough resources & cash to dedicate.
I remember IBM in the 80's. Where are they now in the PC market?
Sooner or later the technology is going to be available for others and then the market shakes up. But you're right, DJI calls all the shots now. Their strategie is impressive. Sun Tzu is all over the place.

Others are catching up, but as much as DJI annoy me, I wont consider anyone else atm.

Sooner or later the limits are going to be reached in this game where the drones/cameras DJI make are not really notably improving.

What do you do when you've got high quality video, photos, stability, flying for 30 mins per battery, and all the flight modes anyone could want?

The drone has fulfilled its destiny. These rest is just nit picking.

You can bang on about dynamic range, and more megapixels, but realistically, we're pretty much there already.
We can fly for 20+ mins.
great stability.
Videos and Photo quality good enough for film and TV work.

If the manufacture of drones were banned tomorrow, the quality of stuff we have now from DJI would not be a bad place to leave it.

So IMO that is when DJI will have rivals, but by that time, if not already they will be the Microsoft of drones, there might be an apple to rival them, but DJI have won already. They deserve it no company has EVER been so good at extracting money from me.

You have to admire that.

For the most part DJI have done a great job, we know they have some rough edges, but in the grand scheme of things they have been a revolution.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef