Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

Yuneec Breeze crash refugee scores nice used Spark outfit

Harpermike

Join
Jan 25, 2020
Back on January 2, I did a dumb thing with my Breeze and bumped return to home when it was under a big tree. It crash landed only ten feet from me after it tried to rise up to the 30 meter RTH height. I was so flummoxed that I forgot to try to catch it on the way down, which would have undoubtedly saved the little beast. But my 69 year old brain just kind of let the dice roll.

I sold the leftover bits for $100 on eBay and turned around and bought a mint condition Spark outfit with a lot of extras thrown in. I have been watching all the tutorials I can and getting ready for the rain to clear up here in Delaware. Got the OTG cable things figured out and the iPhone, remote and Spark are all happily communicating with each other. I’ll report back later today with first flight impressions.

Last edited:
Hello from Hoosier Heartland Harpermike.

FAA Registration can be found here.

Three apps worth having are AIRMAP, UAV Forecast, and Windy.com that are free in the app stores.

AIRMAP shows the airspace around you that will tell you about NFZ's, NOTAM's, and TFR's that may pop up.

UAV Forecast will give you weather conditions with parameters that you can set, such as wind speed conditions at 200 feet.

Windy.com app provides a flowing graphic of arrows over a map that will allow you to "see" the flow of the wind rather than just an arrow pointing.

It may come in handy when planning a flight or if the Spark goes into Atti-mode and is sailing with the wind.

Good Luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:

In addition to the excellent suggestions Spark 317 has mentioned I also recommend studying the manual thoroughly and to familiarize yourself with the flight pause button on the remote control. Welcome to the forum and happy flying!

Hello from Hoosier Heartland Harpermike.

FAA Registration can be found here.

Three apps worth having are AIRMAP, UAV Forecast, and Windy.com that are free in the app stores.

AIRMAP shows the airspace around you that will tell you about NFZ's, NOTAM's, and TFR's that may pop up.

UAV Forecast will give you weather conditions with parameters that you can set, such as wind speed conditions at 200 feet.

Windy.com app provides a flowing graphic of arrows over a map that will allow you to "see" the flow of the wind rather than just an arrow pointing.

It may come in handy when planning a flight or if the Spark goes into Atti-mode and is sailing with the wind.

Good Luck and welcome to the Forum. :cool:
Thanks for those tips.

I got the Spark up briefly this afternoon and had issues with the iPhone staying connected to the remote via OTG. After I got home, I checked the lightning slot on my iPhone and discovered that it was clogged with crud. After that I flew it in my backyard with no issues.

Reactions: Spark 317
I agree! I own 5 drones, everything from Mavic 2 Zoom to a PowerEgg,( My Novelty Drone!) I sold my original Spark when I upgraded to my Platinum. I missed “Skeeter “ so much that I had to get a new one, “Skeeter 2.0” I just love my Spark, and will never get rid of it!
By the way GREAT ADVICE ABOVE! Watch lots of videos..One thing that stuck with me is,”Understand what your Spark will do, but Understand WHY IT DOES IT “
I’m also in my late 60’s, and man, I’m sure having fun!!!

The Spark was out by the time I bought my first drone but I had to have the biggest and the best..the phantom 3 and I loved it, but, when I wanted to take it away from home it took up one whole seat in my 2 seat vehicle and I thought..well.. the Spark is only a toy but it might be OK in case I ever did decide to take a drone somewhere so I bought one. Quelle Surpris!..I loved it right out of the box and even though I never sell anything I pedaled the Phantom almost instantly. I knew I'd never really want to fly it again. And.. I never go anywhere unless I take a drone along. Harpermike..you are going to be very happy with your new purchase.

Reactions: RotorWash
Bennett’s Pier Road takes you right there. You can find it on Google Maps. It’s a safe place to fly, outside the circle around DAFB.

Reactions: hiflyer
Back on January 2, I did a dumb thing with my Breeze and bumped return to home when it was under a big tree. It crash landed only ten feet from me after it tried to rise up to the 30 meter RTH height. I was so flummoxed that I forgot to try to catch it on the way down, which would have undoubtedly saved the little beast. But my 69 year old brain just kind of let the dice roll.

I sold the leftover bits for $100 on eBay and turned around and bought a mint condition Spark outfit with a lot of extras thrown in. I have been watching all the tutorials I can and getting ready for the rain to clear up here in Delaware. Got the OTG cable things figured out and the iPhone, remote and Spark are all happily communicating with each other. I’ll report back later today with first flight impressions.
Same exact thing happened to me. RTH under a tree crashed the Breeze. Bought a Spark, but still have the Breeze in parts. I even bought more Breeze parts from Ebay. for $100. hmmm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Detlef