Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

“Week image transmission signal” AND “Command time out”

dj3183

Join
Jun 13, 2020
I have always flown my DJI spark in the non-Sport mode. I have never had a problem until recently when I was playing around and flying it in the sport mode. I kept getting the following two messages:
- “Week image transmission signal”
- “Command time out”
I was flying with my iPhone connected to the RC via Wi-Fi (no hard-wire connection). I tried to press the RTH button, albeit on my phone and not the RC, and it would not respond. Luckily, I was able to manually fly it back and land it. When I went to my flight log, it doesn’t even show those two trips; only the trips from a couple of days before. Why would it all of a sudden start doing that and why would it not have recorded the flight info? I can’t believe that it would have anything to do with flying in the sport mode. And, I am afraid that if I continue to get those messages, that my drone will go bye-bye. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Try flying with the OTG cable and see if that eliminates the problem. It sounds like a WiFi transmission problem with the iPhone and controller.

OGT cable.....I’m very new, what’s it?
It's like a USB cable, but with different wiring internally. It replaces the wi-fi link between the phone/tablet and the RC, and some find this allows a better connection between the controller and the aircraft.

There are a lot of posts on here abut them, and they can be bought easily on line. Make sure you're not just buying a USB cable, though; it won't work.

OTG stand for "On The Go" it will have a Micro USB one one end and what ever fits your phone/tablet on the other. It does work better than using the Wifi connection. (Unless your cable is going bad)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme