Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

12V battery charger

TavisB

Join
Jun 14, 2017
I'm pretty sure there isn't anything like this out yet, but I'm looking for a battery charger for my spark that will let me charge a spare battery off of 12V DC. I'd like to keep one charging in the tank bag of my motorcycle.

I'm pretty sure there isn't anything like this out yet, but I'm looking for a battery charger for my spark that will let me charge a spare battery off of 12V DC. I'd like to keep one charging in the tank bag of my motorcycle.
You can buy 12V USB chargers from any car or motor shop. Make sure you get the one with at least 2 Amp output.

You can buy 12V USB chargers from any car or motor shop. Make sure you get the one with at least 2 Amp output.

Right. That's how I'll charge the battery that is in the Spark. But how do I go from USB to the spare battery? The Fly-more charger only has an AC plug. I suppose I could buy one and hack it up after the AC to DC converter but am really hoping someone comes out with a ready-made solution.

It looks like all the charging electronics are external to the charging plate. That would mean the input to the triple charging plate is 12V. If we can find an extra plug for the plate we could fit it to a regular 12 V car or bike outlet. Maybe that is what Animal means?
I am still waiting for my Spark to be delivered, so nothing I can do at this moment.

Such a thing exists for other DJI drones so hopefully there will be something soon.

Yeap, I'm also looking for a charger that I can charge from 12V or power bank without using the Spark. If I have two or more extra batteries, looking for a charger that I can charge while I'm flying the Spark on mobile instead of wall plug.

I'm still waiting for my fly more too but I bought one of these on Amazon I figure I can charge all three batteries while I'm driving to my next spot

Attachments

• IMG_1936.PNG
    IMG_1936.PNG
    205.2 KB · Views: 47
Yep. And I can't bring myself to convert AC to DC to AC then back to DC lol.

I was just checking at the battery charging hub and there is a rubber cover on the other side of AC connector.
I opened that up and there is micro USB connector.
I connected a cable with power then red LED turns on.
I tried to connect battery, but doesn't do anything.
Any clue what this micro USB connector doing here?

I'm still waiting for my fly more too but I bought one of these on Amazon I figure I can charge all three batteries while I'm driving to my next spot
I have a larger version. I connect a small HD TV with an Apple TV box and cast the video from the iPad mini 4 so folks around me can see what the drone sees. Plus, I can run the normal charging bank to charge batteries at the same time.

Reactions: Hansd

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme