Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

1st Night Shots - Singapore Flyer

Rwarrior

Join
Apr 13, 2018
So I finally got the guts to try night flying, and here are some of my shots. I will also post a video of the flight once I complete the editing in Shotcut.

As always, comments are most welcome!

Cheers, and safe flying!
Ranjit

Attachments

• flyer hdr2.JPG
    flyer hdr2.JPG
    365.2 KB · Views: 179
  • DJI_3081.jpg
    DJI_3081.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 199
  • flyer hdr5.jpg
    flyer hdr5.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 207
  • DJI_3073 Close.jpg
    DJI_3073 Close.jpg
    735.7 KB · Views: 179
  • Flyer HDR 9.JPG
    Flyer HDR 9.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 174
Those shots are amazing! I really like the one with the bridge at the bottom and the buildings in the background....pic #3

Fab photos. Can I ask when/how you manage the HDR process. Are you taking several shots up there quickly-don’t think you can do that with different exposure stops added so not clear on how you get the affect. I’d love to follow your lead on how to do it.

Amazing captures and if really taken with the Spark, a lot of effort in post processing would have gone into these pictures. Mind sharing some details of your workflow? Everyone must be eager to learn.

Reactions: twickers14
Fab photos. Can I ask when/how you manage the HDR process. Are you taking several shots up there quickly-don’t think you can do that with different exposure stops added so not clear on how you get the affect. I’d love to follow your lead on how to do it.
Hi there, thanks!
I usually set my Photo Mode to AEB, and take at least 2 sets per "scene" that I want to capture. If I'm lucky, then at least 1 of them will be good to use for post processing.
Cheers!

Great shots! but was that really from a Spark?
Haha, for sure! I was pleasantly surprised too.
As you can see from the file properties in the attached image, the camera is identified as DJI FC1102, which is the Spark's camera.
Cheers.

Haha, for sure! I was pleasantly surprised too.
As you can see from the file properties in the attached image, the camera is identified as DJI FC1102, which is the Spark's camera.
Cheers.

Attachments

• flyer hdr5 Camera.JPG
    flyer hdr5 Camera.JPG
    61.7 KB · Views: 63
Amazing captures and if really taken with the Spark, a lot of effort in post processing would have gone into these pictures. Mind sharing some details of your workflow? Everyone must be eager to learn.
Hi there, thanks!
Yes, really taken with the Spark.
Workflow-wise, it's actually quite straightforward.
I get my stills from one of the following ways:
- AEB
- Panoramas, then stitched in Microsoft ICE
- image grabs from a video
Then for the selected still, I bring it into HDR Efex Pro and fine tune it to my liking....that's it!
FYI, HDR Efex Pro is from the Nik Collection by DXO : HDR Efex Pro - Nik Collection by DxO
It comes with other plugins as well, but I use HDR Efex the most.
You can download a free version (but unsupported) from here : Nik Collection 2012 - Nik Collection by DxO

Hope this helps!

Cheers and safe flying

Ugh. You’ve lost me and I will leave it to the real techie members of the Forum. However you do it they are instantly identifiable as HDR which I love. Keep up the great work and safe flying too.

Oops so sorry if it was too brief. I'll send you more detailed steps later today or tomorrow.
Cheers and safe flying!
Ugh. You’ve lost me and I will leave it to the real techie members of the Forum. However you do it they are instantly identifiable as HDR which I love. Keep up the great work and safe flying too.

Hi there, thanks!
Yes, really taken with the Spark.
Workflow-wise, it's actually quite straightforward.
I get my stills from one of the following ways:
- AEB
- Panoramas, then stitched in Microsoft ICE
- image grabs from a video
Then for the selected still, I bring it into HDR Efex Pro and fine tune it to my liking....that's it!
FYI, HDR Efex Pro is from the Nik Collection by DXO : HDR Efex Pro - Nik Collection by DxO
It comes with other plugins as well, but I use HDR Efex the most.
You can download a free version (but unsupported) from here : Nik Collection 2012 - Nik Collection by DxO

Hope this helps!

Cheers and safe flying
Thanks a lot for the brief walkthrough. Would love to see more of your work. Keep them coming.
Meanwhile, I need to check out HDR Efex Pro.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwarrior
So it's a "fake" HDR since 3 photos were not used? The results a sure nice! It's a plug-in for Adobe, right?

Yes, for some I use just 1 shot, but you can also combine 3 or more shots in HDEfex to create a "real" HDR.
Yes, it's a plug in but it can also be used independently without Adobe.... which suits me fine!
Cheers
So it's a "fake" HDR since 3 photos were not used? The results a sure nice! It's a plug-in for Adobe, right?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csdisme