Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

1st time Spark user question

Chris An

Join
May 30, 2017
Hi, just used my Spark for first time w / remote.
Without OTG cable. (Using s8 plus)
While i was flying screen? Display was disconnecting!! I mean real time screen was laggy. Really laggy. Is it normal?? Do i have to use OTG cable for screen/display to be not laggy???

Thanks in advance.

The app sucks on android. I too have an s8 and the lag was terrible. If you put your phone in airplane mode, and then manually turn on the Wi-Fi, it smooths it out a bit. Also close apps running in the background. Also OTG doesn't work on android devices, I think the last FW update killed it.

If you have an iPad or old iPhone laying around use that. Everything runs beautifully on my mini 4. That being said DJI does need to address the android issues.

Disaster on many android phones and otg now killed off as per previous post.
You could try picking a different wifi channel and clearing video cache, but I had no luck. Check any bluetooth around is off and try airplane mode.
I went to Crystal Sky rather than buy apple becaus screen is so bright.

@Chris An, try these tips to ensure your Android device is running as efficiently as possible.

The app sucks on android. I too have an s8 and the lag was terrible. If you put your phone in airplane mode, and then manually turn on the Wi-Fi, it smooths it out a bit. Also close apps running in the background. Also OTG doesn't work on android devices, I think the last FW update killed it.

If you have an iPad or old iPhone laying around use that. Everything runs beautifully on my mini 4. That being said DJI does need to address the android issues.
Wow... when i had my mavic my phone worked really well with no issues...hope DJI fixes this problem..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fulavio