Welcome DJI Spark Pilot!
Jump in and join our free Spark community today!

2 Spark questions- "DIY OTG connector?" & "Spark payload/sensor blocking"

salukikev

Join
Nov 3, 2017
Hi!
Loving my new Spark so far, and doing lots of fun experiments with it. I have two questions I haven't found answers to yet:

1. I've got plenty of lightning cables & micro USB's around. I'd like to combine a set and make a custom length OTG connector to try. Does anyone have a pinout or two to indicate proper wiring here?

2. One experiment I did involved lifting an external phone rubber banded to the bottom. I knew I was blocking the 3 sensors because the phone was over it, but opted to see what happened anyway. My spark had no problem lifting it, but started rising, and refused to come down. I still had some lateral control and so kinda panic'ed and intentionally maneuvered into a tree branch rather than float off into space. Fortunately, everything recovered fine. Still, I wouldn't mind trying that again with a little more insight/preparation. In my application I don't think I can get around blocking that ground sensor array so I'd like to find a way to temporarily ignore them but still fly.

Thanks for any help!
-K

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulieMyers